NANNY STATE: UK Stores Ordered to ‘SHRINK PIZZAS, REMOVE TOPPINGS’ Under New Law

Originally published at: NANNY STATE: UK Stores Ordered to ‘SHRINK PIZZAS, REMOVE TOPPINGS’ Under New Law | Sean Hannity

The United Kingdom took its war against obesity to the next-level this week; instituting new rules and regulations that may require supermarkets and restaurants to “shrink pizzas” or “remove toppings” under the harsh guidelines.

According to the Telegraph, the new government plan would impose strict calorie caps on pies, ready-made meals, sandwiches and other easy-access items available throughout the country at stores and markets.

“Under the draft proposals, a standard pizza for one should contain no more than 928 calories - far less than many sold by takeaways, restaurants and shops. And the recommendations suggest that a savoury pie should contain no more than 695 calories,” writes the Telegraph.

“Earlier this week officials met with retailers, manufacturers, including Dominos’s pizza, Deliveroo, Just Eat, Macdonalds and KFC to discuss proposed ‘calorie caps’ on thousands of popular foods,” adds the article.

Read the full story here.

Pry my pizza from my hands…I dare you.