NANNY STATE! Bernie Unveils New ‘Free Child Care’ Plan for Infants to 4-Years-Old

Originally published at: NANNY STATE! Bernie Unveils New ‘Free Child Care’ Plan for Infants to 4-Years-Old | Sean Hannity

Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders unveiled his latest government entitlement program on the campaign trail this week; calling for free childcare for all American children from infancy to age four.

“I get a little bit tired of hearing my opponents saying — ‘Gee, how you going to pay for a program that impacts and helps children or working-class families or middle-class families? How you going to pay for that?’ And yet, where are people saying, ‘How are you going to pay for over $750 billion on military spending?’ How you going to pay for a trillion dollars in tax breaks to the 1% in large corporations which was what Trump did? When you help the billionaires and you help Wall Street, ‘Hey!’ Of course we can pay for it. That’s what America’s supposed to be about.’ Well, I disagree,” Sanders told Anderson Cooper.

“Childcare must be guaranteed for every child regardless of their parents’ income, just like K-12 education,” Sanders said in a statement. “We know that the first four years of a child’s life are the most important years of human development, so it is unconscionable that in the wealthiest country in the world, we do not properly invest in early childhood education.”

“As president, we will guarantee free, universal childcare and pre-kindergarten to every child in America to help level the playing field, create new and good jobs, and enable parents [to] more easily balance the demands of work and home,” Sanders said.

Read the full report here.

Source: Politico