Name your three favorite fighter aircraft (1970-Present)

YF-23

That was my favorite plane on Ace Combat 6.

I’m waiting for the price to come down a bit on Ace Combat 7 before I pick it up.

Yes!

I always liked that plane

Ive played 7 on PC. Its definitely not as short in terms of missions though the story seems much more convoluted than other entries into the series. I wont spoil the story though the mission briefings dont quite prepare you enough for what to expect. I love the weather effects, the weather actually affects your aircraft in many ways. The “make aircraft bleed” effects from assault horizon is gone but all upgrades can be applied to all aircraft and there are new special weapons and the Falken is not the only aircraft with lasers

I am still here

2 Likes

Hail to the single most relevant attack aircraft in combat history. Long live Brrrt.

1 Like

There was anouther guy who claimed he was but was pretty quickly called out. Every question you asked him he tried to claim classified or opsec.

`

Why don’t you consider the Tornado a fighter?

Those are amazing feats of engineering.

They can fly with one engine out, half a wing missing, and missing a vertical stabilizer.

Plus unlike most aircraft which have stressed skin that is part of the structure the A-10’s skin is non load bearing. So you can literally just bolt some tin panels on holes caused by enemy fire and call it a day.

Plus 3900 rounds per minute of 30mm goodness is the icing on the cake.

It’s more of an attack/ECM aircraft

It carries close range A2A missiles for self defense but if I was going into a fight with enemy MiG 29s or god forbid Su-27s it wouldn’t be my first choice.

I wondered if flying games were compelling and would consider buying one, but I literally trashed my gaming console recently when it wouldn’t surrender a disc when asked.

Ace Combat is more of what you would call an “arcade style” flight game. It’s not a true flight simulator; flight sim games require you to control the virtual plane exactly how you would fly a real plane. Arcade style flight omit more of the nuanced controls and make it simple to fly your favorite planes and blow other planes out of the sky.

I dont think it was designed to be a fighter or perform like a fighter craft. I love that plane, but i dont think it is a fighter and like what was stated earlier, more of an attacker/electronic warfare craft.

Ace combat 7 is on steam but its more arcadey controls. Not a flight sim and thankfully they never made another assault horizon as that felt like playing a movie…

Yeah that’s why I put the Hellcat earlier and regretted not putting the A-10, aircraft designed to take a beating and make it back home (and proved it over and over in combat) have a special place for me. Shout out the the B-17 as well.

You do understand there is an interceptor version? By your definition that would eliminate all multi role fighters such as the F-16, F-18 and F-15E

There is an interceptor variation but im not sure i would classify the tornado as a multirole fighter like those other planes. The issue is primary role.

Ah yeah I forgot about the interceptor model.

Was it the Germans or the British who adopted that version? I know one of them adopted both versions and the other adopted just the ECM/Attack version.

Brits, Italy and Saudi had the ADV

I fell in love with the A-10 warthog from a video game about two decades ago. Used to watch F-14’s take off in Naha as a kid.