N.Y. Times: Mueller focusing on contacts between Manafort and Kolimnik

A recent closed hearing gave a hint about a possible investigation target for Special Counsel Robert Mueller, reported the New York Times. The comments by one of Mueller’s lead prosecutors, Andrew Weissman, in a transcript of [a closed-door hearing, suggested that one theory being pursued is that starting while Russia was taking steps to bolster Trump’s candidacy, people in his orbit were discussing deals to end a dispute over Russia’s incursions into Ukraine and possibly give Moscow relief from economic sanctions imposed by the United States.

The transcript said the prosecutors have been looking at discussions Paul Manafort and Konstantin V. Kilimnik had about a plan to ease or end the American-led sanctions on Moscow.

According to the transcript, which was heavily redacted, Manafort and Kilimnik repeatedly communicated starting in early August 2016, while Manafort was still running Trump’s campaign, and continuing into 2018 after Mr. Manafort had been charged by the special counsel’s office. The prosecutors say that Manafort misled them about those talks.

“This goes to the larger view of what we think is going on, and what we think is the motive here,” Weissmann said. “This goes, I think, very much to the heart of what the special counsel’s office is investigating.”

This is not all that surprising, since the easing of the RNC platform in 2016 attracted much attention right away. Wonder what they have, though? As if Manafort isn’t in enough trouble.

1 Like

Yup this is a big part of the quid pro quo- Russia helps Trump win the election. Trumps team puts language into the RNC plank to stop militarily supporting Ukraine. Easy peasy- also kind of traitorous.

We’ve been heading toward this gate for a long time, so it’s not really a shocker. But the “oh, you’ve got him now” sarcasm may be coming true.

Conspiracy is cool

I wonder if the relief would have included the sanctioned russian bank trump signed a LOI with to build moscow tower

Yeah. THe evidence is starting to pile up and certainly casts Manafort at a minimum to be treason-curious.

More than a minimum given his convictions.

I guess the “witch hunt” crowd hasn’t received orders on how to respond to this yet.

2 Likes

OMG libs…THIS…is what will take Trump down…NOT. :sunglasses:

Never can tell which straw might break the camels back.

And Mueller hasn’t run out of straw yet.

Drip. Drip. Drop.

4 Likes

The Democratic Platform also excluded language calling for giving weapons to Ukraine. Traitors?

Of course it was a brilliant idea to load Ukraine with weapons, watch the resulting war with Russia, as we did nothing…which would have been a very possible result.

Well, if there’s a hint about a possible investigation target…that’s as good as proof.

Did the Dems set up a deal with Russia to change their policy in exchange for help with winning the election? Hint: that’s the traitorous part.

Touche.

You’re saying it’s as good as proof? OK…

trump’s still president??

Slackers!

Time. And pressure.

It’s curious how some people genuinely don’t care about Americans exploring treasonous activity against the United States. Partisanship is a helluva drug.

3 Likes

What’s curious were the charges being made, without credible evidence, going to FISA courts and spying on American citizens…all under the knowledge of a sitting POTUS. All these things I’ve stated that don’t make sense, don’t add up, appear to be collusion at the highest levels of government that are still bleeping on my radar…even though you and others have laughed for years…will hopefully be exposed once Barr gets into his seat or I will be proven wrong? One way or the other, I’d like the full truth exposed.