N.Y. man charged for making death threats against Rep. Ilhan Omar

People (at least teenagers and adults) are intelligent beings and have control over their actions. This isn’t the Borg on Star Trek. They have a mind of their own, and while they can be influenced, they still have control over their bodies/minds. And with that, comes responsibility.

I agree. I think they are getting encouragement on gross discussion boards out there. There’s some really dark ones out there that post racist things. Some even celebrate violence that these unbalanced people do. It’s really disturbing. It can influence a lot of people. So very sad how they roll in that pig pen.

3 Likes

I think a whoosh just happened.

Agreed. I think it is irresponsible of people to call other people “baby killer” or other provocative names like that. Don’t you agree?

I’m not saying we outlaw it, judt noting it is quite irresponsible.

It goes both ways. If pro-lifers can be called “anti-choicers,” it’s only fair if pro-choicers are called “pro-murderers.” Don’t like it? Don’t do it.

To put this into context when the Christchurch Mosque terrorist attack was being live streamed on Facebook no one reported it to Facebook despite the fact that hundreds if not thousands watched it. There is a significant problem that technology companies, governments and society in general need to work together to resolve. Failure to do so will mean that atrocities of lesser or greater magnitude will continue.

Words do matter.

Well, that would be especially silly since “murder” is a legal term and abortion is not illegal so clearly it is not murder.

Your thoughts here lack precision.

People have now started calling her district the Terrorist capital of America.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/18/ilhan-omar-district-terror/

The Daily Caller. One doesn’t need to say anything more.

Slavery was once legal. And so were labotomies. Doesn’t make them right.

Agreed. And abortion is not murder.