N.Y. man charged for making death threats against Rep. Ilhan Omar

“A man from upstate New York has been charged with threatening to assault and murder U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar, the U.S. Attorney’s Office said. Patrick Carlineo, 55, allegedly called Omar’s office on March 21 and told a staffer “Do you work for the Muslim Brotherhood? Why are you working for her, she’s a (expletive) terrorist. I’ll put a bullet in her (expletive) skull,” according to the criminal complaint.”

It’s pretty surprising that regular, impresionable folks, are doing bad stuff these days. I’m not sure where they’re getting this hate or why they threatening violence.

“Investigators reminded Carlineo that lying to the FBI is a crime and there was a recording of the phone calls, WROC reports. He said he couldn’t remember exactly what he said, and it could be something like that.”

He claimed he said one thing until they told him they had a tape.

These people threatening violence need to be locked up.

Glad that he has been arrested. With tape, should be an easy conviction, and I hope they guy spends a long time looking through bars at the world.

2 Likes

Lone wolf mental case, nothing to see here.

1 Like

Always is, huh?

Omar, who represents Minnesota’s 5th Congressional district, tweeted about the poster: "No wonder why I am on the ‘Hitlist’ of a domestic terrorist and ‘Assassinate Ilhan Omar’ is written on my local gas stations."

Omar is saying that she’s being threatened in her own hometown? I’m glad they caught the guy and I also hope that any punishment he gets through our legal system, gets broadcast loudly. Even though both sides are very heated right now, this never gives any American the right to use violence…period.

3 Likes

I recall prior to the 2016 presidential election D Trump suggesting that he would pay the legal bills for someone hitting a heckler at one of his rallies.

2 Likes

Thanks for saying 2 things with your post. Both sides are heated. That’s very telling. And that she is being threatened by people from multiple cities. That’s horrible.

I’m sure this has nothing to do with the campaign waged against her when she criticized AIPAC.

Good job everyone.

3 Likes

Ah the both sides argument. Going back to Trump’s greatest hits.

2 Likes

And as another conservative on this site told me, words don’t influence people to action. Can’t blame anyone for inflammatory speech.

1 Like

The very premise of advertising is that you can influence people. Similarly for propaganda.

1 Like

Tried explaining that to no avail. Words apparently don’t motivate actions when discussing these lone wolf scenarios.

1 Like

Words can influence people to do anything including voting and joining cults and all kinds of stupid stuff. But they just can’t influence people toward violence. That’s some funny stuff right there.

1 Like

The assertion that people can’t be influenced to commit actions violence is patent nonsense.

Yeah, we’re all influenced pretty much every day of our lives.

Although some people are human islands that need nothing from no one else and are influenced by no one. They’re like gods.

Safe to say there are few who would argue that Donald is an effective spokesperson for reason over hotheadedness.

Nuh-uh! “If I had a son he would look like Travon Martin” clearly meant “go out and kill cops”.

No one should be making death threats, so I’m glad that this Patrick character is being held accountable. He deserves what is coming to him.

That said, this is probably not going to be the last threat, either. Politics has turned otherwise decent individuals into raving lunatics.

3 Likes

Mmmmmmm.

I agree to a point but I don’t think you go all the way from decent citizen to making death threats.

1 Like