N.Korea: Trump has agreed to lift sanctions

"SINGAPORE—North Korea said Wednesday that President Donald Trump had told Kim Jong Un that he intended to halt U.S.-South Korea military exercises and lift sanctions against the North, suggesting through its state media that Mr. Trump had explicitly acceded to two longstanding North Korean demands during bilateral talks at their summit meeting a day earlier.

The report put a distinctly North Korean spin on the summit meeting between the two leaders, the first between a sitting U.S. president and a leader of North Korea. The report quoted Mr. Kim as saying that, if the U.S. were to take “genuine measures for building trust,” then the North could reciprocate in a “commensurate” fashion—a clear suggestion that U.S. concessions would have to come before any North Korean move."

Pretty stunning if it’s true.

They’re claiming Trump agreed to halt the military exercises and lift sanctions all without N.Korea having to essentially do a thing.

And of course since there’s no transcript of the conversation between the two leaders, no-one but those 2 know what was really said.

Figures Art of the Deal my ass.

Uh oh…Rocket Man better be careful.

If he makes Trump look weak, whatever deal they had is off…

Yep, that’s all every situation is about with Donald Trump.

Trump is damaged emotionally. Not sure what caused it but it’s obvious.

Ok, ok, ok…so do I light my hair on fire after reading this or do I wait until sanctions are lifted?

How about doing the exact same thing that you did in the thread where you were bragging on Trump.

Negative. Let the haters and chicken littles lite their hair on fire.

They can’t look anymore foolish then they already do.

Well, since none of this has actually played out yet, it’s hard to predict who’s gonna look foolish. I’m not sure I would put my money on Kim keeping his word though.

There’s no “gonna” about it. You win. :sunglasses:

be patient. all you have to do now is bank on Kim honoring his word.

FYI, this would have been a better reply to the Op.

The only people that are making declarative statements are the haters and the chicken littles like yourself.

1 Like

well, that’s not true at all. a lot of people are praising Trump for this agreement. the OP is just pointing out what Trump agreed to (which i admit could change 10 more times).

Shouldn’t the sanctions be lifted if they de-nuclearize?

Only if it’s irreversible.

Anyone want to explain to me what irreversible denuclearization means?

sure

you trusting Kim?

I just want to know when you’re going to hold Trump to the standard to which you held Obama. And don’t lie to me and tell me you wouldn’t have had a problem with Obama meeting Un and meeting NK’s preconditions.

Yep. No gloating or moaning from either side yet. Like the Mueller investigation, it will all be clearer later.

…and in other news, how many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

And this is what Trump’s court jester has in store for us today!