My edit icon is gone?

Several.

Nope. You’ve stumbled on to something. Better send up a flare. :wink:

If you would be more careful about what you post, it wouldn’t need fixing. :wink:

Considering that the editor on the old site didn’t work at least half the time, you would think we would be used to this. :wink:

I’ve been keeping the lights on in there. :wink:

It’s like Motel 6, huh?

1 Like

Good Lord GW, how bad do you break the thing?

Hugely bad

My delete icon is gone also…

Really? The trash can icon is gone for you now? Mine is still there.

1 Like

Huh…that is strange. Mine reappeared. Maybe it was a glitch while things are being ironed out?

Meh, it’s fixed now. Doesn’t really matter where the issue came from.

1 Like

Man oh man, I hope it is a precursor to having the issue fixed!!

I figured a way around the old editor problem. I just copied my posts before I submitted them, and then if i saw they needed editing I just pasted the copy in the blank space that was supposed to be the post.

So far here, I just copy the post, delete the bad post entirely and paste the copy in a new post and edit it before submission. It’s a pain but it works.

M

1 Like

Somebody do something!

But then your posts get out of order and you run the possibility of a post appearing after an answer, right? I just wish they’d fix the darn thing.

Yes. It really works best if you do it right away, when you spot something wrong in the post just after posting it. But even if it is later, the post is still affiliated with the other post you were responding to.

But yes, this needs to be fixed, for sure.

M

I was just in there minutes ago replying to posts when the lights suddenly went out as I was sending my second reply. I tried to get back in to read the next comment where someone had quoted me and it said the site was no longer working and I was then sent directly to Community. Apparently, even “read only” is not an option.

1 Like

well… you tried. I’ll see if there isn’t some kind of award we can give fellow forumites.

I am doing something. I’m eating dinner and reading the forum

:smiley:

Oooooh I’m gonna pay for this one I just know it.

This isn’t going to be fixed is it?