My advice for McConnell

McConnell needs to see that a serious trial is held, if Trump is impeached. Although they could just throw the impeachment in the trash, with half the country for the removal that would be a mistake.
Republicans need to show that nothing was done that was wrong, or if wrong then not wrong enough for removal.
They can do this in the open and show the contrast with the House procedure.
Also, it might not hurt to bring up what evidence was being examined that would have lead someone to request an investigation by Ukraine.

I would also caution the polls.

If pollster called me and ask if Trump should be impeachedā€¦I would say hell yeah. :wink:

And it begins. I bet there are a whole bunch of republicans that feel the same way in private. They just need a little push.

You will never regain a certain portion of Donald Trumpā€™s base if you turn on him. I believe that these are the type of people you donā€™t want to make angry because they might become vindictive. Can the GOP really afford to alienate Trumpā€™s base?

Their vengeance will be swift and terrible. Not as terrible as the libs though, if they ever unseat Donald.

And thatā€™s why they must never, ever regain power. Because libs.

5 Likes

Kentucky is a deep red state. He will very likely win reelection.

I mean, as terrible as olā€™ Mitch is, Kentuckians realize heā€™s still better than a lib or a RINO! Heā€™ll be just fine.

4 Likes

My advice for Moscow Mitch is to put on some waders. Once the RNCTRUMP starts sinking, he can grab a spoon and try to get the water out. No way he gets to jump ship.

GOP Senators most likely to lose reelection next year are Gardner, McSally, Collins and Tillis.

Hopefully their replacements will be more Trump friendly. We donā€™t need RINOs in the party.

Tillis is in big trouble, currently trailing. NOT a good position at all for an incumbent Senator.

Gardner is pretty much toast at this point, unless Hickenlooper screws up in a MAJOR way.

McSally is also in big trouble in a State that has trended from red to purple.

Collins looks like she is holding on right now. Reasonable numbers and the opposition is divided between the Democrat and a major independent candidate.

2 Likes

How bout Bevin and Beshear this Election Day.

Bevin also very unpopular.

Looks to me Kentucky doesnā€™t do well in electing rs

Allan

Thatā€™s because he has done worse.

No heads exploding?

The better result would be former Senator in 2021.

Good that you would answer the question honestly. Well done.