MUST SEE: Colorblind Firefighter Sees Colors of the US Flag for the FIRST TIME with New Glasses

Originally published at: MUST SEE: Colorblind Firefighter Sees Colors of the US Flag for the FIRST TIME with New Glasses | Sean Hannity

A colorblind firefighter in Georgia used new technology to see colors for the first time this week; choosing to see the American flag as the first thing viewed through the new glasses.

21-year-old Spencer Caradine was given the glasses by his fellow firefighters in Douglas County, Georgia; who pitched-in to purchase the costly equipment.

WATCH: This colorblind firefighter always dreamed of seeing the colors of the American flag. Then, his friends made that dream come true – and he was overcome with emotion ❤️️🇺🇸 https://t.co/aMoEEfUGaX pic.twitter.com/MS6lYQb5vm

— CBS News (@CBSNews) July 23, 2019

“None of us are emotional people, but this morning got the best of all of us,” said longtime friend Jordan Gardner.

Watch the heartwarming moment above.

Related Story: BOY’S BEST FRIEND: This Amazing 12-Year-Old Creates Bow Ties to Help Shelter Dogs Find New Parents

More than 670,000 dogs and 860,000 cats are euthanized throughout the United States every year; each unable to find adoptive parents from shelters across the country. One heartwarming boy is trying to put a stop to it.

Meet Darius Brown.

“Darius Brown was diagnosed with developmental delays when he was 2, but a hobby creating bow ties has helped him flourish — while benefiting the animals he loves, too,” reports Today.

“Darius Brown, 12, has two big passions: bow ties and animals. So the Newark, New Jersey, resident helps shelter pets dress for success by donating his one-of-a-kind bow ties to rescue organizations across the country,” adds the website.

“It helps the dog look noticeable, very attractive,” he told TODAY. “It helps them find a forever, loving home … I love everything about dogs and cats.”

Brown was initially diagnosed with a speech delay, cognitive problems, and motor skill issues at the age of two.

“With his fine motor skills, he wasn’t able to really use his hands well — tying a shoe was challenging,” his mother told TODAY. “My mother and I came up with the idea that if he helped us with things like prepping the ribbon or cutting it, and sewing fabric together, it would help him. And it did — it worked!”

Read the touching story here.