Murkowski trolls Alaska Senate challenger as she takes lead in first-place votes

The delay in close races was waiting for mailed in absentee ballots, not because of ranked choice voting. That has always been the case in Alaska because of the normal mail delay from Bush precincts and the significant number of voters who attend college outside and because of military voters who are on deployment overseas. Ranked choice calculation, when it is necessary, only adds two days. Which takes more time … ranked choice or run-off elections?

In theory yes, but in practice, the preferential voting will always boil down to the top two on the ballot. Third party candidates will almost never be the first or second place vote getter on the first round.

1 Like

Please clarify what you mean in sticking together, with an example, especially in the Senate race since the vast majority of the votes were cast for two Republicans.

Sticking together => Vote for me first, but vote your second and third choices for other Republicans, not for the lone Democrat who can’t possibly win if we stick together.

In the Senate race, the top two vote getters (in Alaska) are Republicans. A Republican will win.

In the House race, the top vote getter is a Democrat, but the next two, whose combined total is over 50%, are both Republicans. If all voters who selected either of them as their first choice had voted for the other Republican as their second choice, one of them would be the winner over the Democrat.

1 Like

Trump has so poisoned the well that Republicans demonstrably will vote for a Dem over a MAGA Republican. Seems to me there’s some kind of lesson there.

no reason for voting to be in quotation marks. its is a method for voting and its completely constitutional. states determine the method of elections unless the congress intervenes.

you just dont like it because it chooses candidates that you dont like.

bet youd like it plenty if the results were different.

Allan

PS-Mitch McConnell likes Murkowski.

1 Like

Oh…let’s go establishment corruption. Rah, rah, rah…my side wins at the sacrifice of our nation.

the majority of Alaskans dont like Palin, that much is perfectly clear.

her political career in alaska has come to a screeching halt.

Allan

pelota almost pulled down a majority. she got 49%.
:grinning:

Palin an afterthought.

Allan

Who has poisoned the well?

It isn’t Trump. It’s the propaganda machine overhype.

1 Like

My friend…that was a perfect example of sheople bleating. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

So how would you explain it then?

k…I’ll repost the answer.

1 Like

Of course it is.

Murkowski wins on Round 3 of the tabulation.

As expected, Chesbro’s second choice votes went very heavily to Murkowski, who won easily.

CANDIDATE PERCENT VOTES
Lisa Murkowski (GOP) 53.69% 135,972
Kelly Tshibaka (GOP) 46.31% 117,299

Results of the decisive Round 3.

She was ahead going into the preference voting tabulation. She would have won regardless of preferential voting.

It seems that she occupies a sizeable hunk of your skull. Between her and Trump, there isn’t much room left for anything else. :wink:

just the topic of the day. when she doesnt run anymore for office she be an afterthought.

Allan

both Petola and murkowski won.

must be a sobering day for you, Samm.

Allan