Mulvaney: Cruz could lose

From what I’ve heard Beto has raised far more money from out of state than from Texas. Nothing wrong with that, but if a candidate doesn’t get the majority of their donations from in state it could indicate there is far more enthusiasm from people who can’t vote for him/her than can.

1 Like

But it also means that uninformed voters will know a lot more about Beto than they do about Cruz. Hopefully most voters know their stuff in Texas.

What state do you live in?

California.

Yes, and how does that prove that O’Rourke is not a fraud? How is Cruz a smarmy coward? All you have is insults.

Beto is a fraud because he claims to be for the people, yet he is funded by George Soros and is going to go with the corrupt politicians in Washington, D.C. He refuses to debate Cruz. He has his campaign send out fake texts. He condones his mother doing tax fraud.

Let me rephrase this: Beto is either lying that he’s for the people, or he is out of touch with what people want.

And how does that make you feel? Donating to a race you are not even involved in, doing something that dishonest? This proves Joanne’s point.

How is that dishonest? The Koch brothers donate all the time to candidates in states they don’t live in.

How much money has Soros given Beto?

How is that dishonest? Answer that carefully because I have a bunch of fat donald ammunition I can use to derail your argument.

What does Donald Trump have to do with the Senate race in Texas? It is dishonest because you are trying to influence something you are not a part of. It is almost as bad as cheating. Almost. Let the constituents in Texas donate money. It is their opinion that truly counts, and their money should be the one funding it.

People seem to be knowledgable and do not like Cruz this article was funny.

Ted Cruz was the man Republican U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina had in mind in 2016 when he said the Republican Party had gone “■■■■■■■ crazy” by going too hard to the right. “If you killed Ted Cruz on the floor of the Senate, and the trial was in the Senate, nobody would convict you,” Graham said. And liberal former Senator Al Franken once wrote, “I like Ted Cruz more than most of my colleagues, and I hate Ted Cruz.” Graham has since apologized, and Franken resigned from the Senate amid sexual harassment allegations, but they weren’t the only ones to dish doubt on the junior senator of Texas.

Former House Speaker John Boehner called Cruz a “miserable son of a bitch,” and the late Senator John McCain called Cruz one of the “wacko birds.” Add to that the thoughts of former President George W. Bush of Texas: “I just don’t like the guy.”

No their vote is what counts. When Hannity gave money to someone like Michelle Bachmann did you complain?

Are the Koch brothers (and other right wing groups) putting money in Texas? Is that also dishonest?

Cruz is a smalmy coward when he went crawling back to Trump after standing up to him at the convention after Trump insulted his wife and father. Now he’s begging Trump to come campaign for him.

Finally Beto did not refuse to debate. He refused Cruz’s terms of only holding the debates on Friday nights.

It is not, perfectly legal.

This happened in my backyard in 2008 by the mormon church, i wish you were around back then so you could’ve equally condemned these fools.

Not to mention:
He has a criminal arrest record for burglary and DWI.
Ethics violations.
Open border policy.
Universal healthcare - more taxes
And the list goes on.
O’Rourke is another Dem leftist who is ready to change the Constitution, and refuses to see why it was put in place.

I didn’t bring up Donald Trump. So your “ammunition” regarding Trump doesn’t have a place here, unless you want to bring it up. Legal doesn’t necessarily mean moral, or ethical.

It isn’t dishonest to donate to a candidate who is from another state. It happens a lot. I’m only pointing out Beto apparently is raising far more money outside of Texas than inside. And that may not bode well in the long run for him.

But there’s nothing dishonest about it.

1 Like

Separately, we ran a background check of O’Rourke using the LexisNexis service. According to the results, O’Rourke’s May 1995 misdemeanor arrest on the UTEP campus was later declined and his September 1998 misdemeanor DWI arrest in El Paso was dismissed.

Reported the violations himself.
U.S. Rep. Beto O’Rourke last week alerted the House Ethics Committee that he might have violated a new law restricting members of Congress from engaging in certain stock transactions.

What exactly is the “open border policy”?

We need single payer

Politifact is a bias fact-checker; it’s been proven in how they have rated Hillary’s statements compared to Trump’s.

On the healthcare note, why place that burden on the government? Selfish politicians have no place in the right for others to get the care that they need, imo.

You may disagree with him, but none of that makes him a fraud.