Mueller issues rare statement disputing buzzfeed report

As Alan Dershowitz said. They are running stories based on wishful thinking. Wishful thinking is mother of fake news.

Me?

Nope. I put both the fox new and cnn links. That way con’s have their source and lib’s have their source. both say the same thing.

Alan Dershowitz is always a good source.

1 Like

Buzzfeed the organization that brought us the pee tape accusations last year? They are clickbait website famous for there list articles like. “Can You Make It Through This Post Without Feeling Sexually Attracted To Food?”.

Even Chuck Todd labeled them Fake News.

Your point is ? If Buzzfeed got it wrong, they got punked, clearly. ■■■■ happens. How many times has Sean Hannity, for example, got things wrong? Hey mods: Would it be a TOS to provide a list?

We’ll see if Buzzfeed issues a retraction, if the story is wrong. That’s a test of a reputable news organization. A test which the right-wing sewers quoted here fail daily. Sean Hannity? Hard for me to say, here. Anyway, we’ll see.

1 Like

Dershowitz’s comment is wishful thinking since he’s not a journalist and knows nothing about how the story was gathered.

God I know. Thank you for not insulting this gifted man by calling him a journalist. He is a true scholar and real civil libertarian. Not a fake ACLU type.

You can with this in mind: You can disagree with what Sean says, but you can’t attack or degrade him in any way.

In response, BuzzFeed said, “We are continuing to report and determine what the special counsel is disputing. We remain confident in the accuracy of our report.”

Buzz feed is doubleing down according to the CNN link I posted in the op :smiley:

Okay all you “hook, line, and sinker” TDS club members all together now…Reeeeeee

First, the dossier hasn’t been debunked

Second, some Fox News headlines from 2002 (if you really want clickbait, Fox is king):

1. Some Teeny Weeny Stars
  2. Pam Flashes Crowd Again
  3. Secret to ‘Save Me’ Sex
  4. Mistress Pagaent Pull Out
  5. Cindy Crawford Needed Botox?
  6. More Stars Without Makeup
  7. Stars Are Bed Bug Magnets
  8. Curvtastic Push-up Bras
1 Like

The author wrote a book in which he said he had engaged in “lying, cheating, and backstabbing” in his life; battled mental illness; and struggled with substance abuse. No wonder the alt left fell for it.

I think they are called buzz feed because they are all high. That would explain a lot.

They are doubling down on its accuracy. It’s possible Mueller is only refuting a part of it. And I am guessing he doesn’t want a House investigation to mess with his investigation. But who knows? It could be completely false. I assume Cohen will be asked directly about this though at the House hearings next month though. Should be interesting.

Why our left posters trust buzzfeed:

In June 2016, the left-leaning media watchdog Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting found that in 100 Buzzfeed stories about Barack Obama, 65 were positive, 35 were neutral, and one was critical. The report called Buzzfeed’s coverage of Obama “creepy” and “almost uniformly uncritical and often sycophantic”.[105] Buzzfeed has partnered with Obama on a get-out-the-vote campaign.[106] Also in June 2016, Buzzfeed cancelled an advertising agreement with the Republican National Committee over what Buzzfeed founder Jonah Peretti called “offensive remarks” made by Donald Trump. Peretti said, “We certainly don’t like to turn away revenue that funds all the important work we do across the company. However, in some cases we must make business exceptions: we don’t run cigarette ads because they are hazardous to our health, and we won’t accept Trump ads for the exact same reason.”[107]

In January 2017, Buzzfeed released what became known as the “Steele dossier”, an uncorroborated private intelligence report that alleges several salacious accusations of Trump. Margaret Sullivan at The Washington Post wrote of the release, “It’s a bad idea, and always has been, to publish unverified smears”. [108] David Graham at The Atlantic called it “an abdication of the basic responsibility of journalism”.[109] NBC’s Chuck Todd called the release of the document “fake news”.[110] Ben Smith defended the decision to release the document from accusations that it did it out of partisanship arguing that the dossier is of “obvious central public importance.”

In October 2014, a Pew Research Center survey[80] found that in the United States, BuzzFeed was viewed as an unreliable source by the majority of people, regardless of political affiliation.

1 Like

Where’d you copy paste that from?

1 Like

The Steele dossier hasn’t been debunked despite alt-right news sources misstating that continually.

1 Like

So you now believe Robert Mueller?

Could you please direct me to where I ever accused him of lying?

1 Like

Clarrification: I said that the Buzzfeed reporters don’t claim to have seen any of the alleged documents. Actually, on of the reporters said they saw the documents and the other reporter says they didn’t see the documents. Real credibility there.

"BuzzFeed reporters Jason Leopold and Anthony Cormier doubled down on their reporting on Friday. Cormier went on CNN and stated that he did not see any of the evidence, but that the two unnamed law enforcement officials had. He called the article’s sourcing “rock solid.”

Meanwhile, Leopold appeared on MSNBC and said “we’ve seen documents and been briefed.”

Asked by Mediaite to comment on what Cormier said on CNN, Leopold responded, “Yes. Anthony said HE had not personally seen the documents.”

1 Like

The leak to BF didn’t come from Mueller, he never leaks.
Take a wild guess where this leak came from?