Mueller issues rare statement disputing buzzfeed report

I don’t know. But he never really comments on the investigation. This is extraordinary. I’m not sure why he is doing it now. I am intrigued.

I wonder why they are commenting on this? This is interesting. They have never commented on a story like this before.

Something is off

2 Likes

What do Trump supporters do?

Believe Buzzfeed (#fakenews) or Robert Mueller’s office (witch hunt!)

4 Likes

I wonder what made them comment now but not when asked for comment by buzzfeed…

You shouldn’t say Witch Hunt, it’s not politically correct.

You might offend witches.

Hmmm ok- interesting to note that Cohen didn’t deny this (whereas he has denied the Prague story). I am almost relieved because I don’t want the Dem House to focus just on this and perhaps impeach due to this without the full input of Mueller and his findings.

It’s going to be one hell of a year that is for sure

Just random whatever.

This reminds me of the one story during Watergate that Woodward and Bernstein had one fact wrong - that the witness had never been asked a specific question - while their article said he had.

All the Nixon people went all over TV saying see…it’s nothing but made up ■■■■■■■■ and it’s a witch hunt.

Of course, as history proved, it wasn’t.

3 Likes

When you pin your hopes with “Buzzfeed” you’re pretty desperate.

If all of this is nonsense, why does Trump feel the need to threaten Cohen’s father-in-law?

2 Likes

So you like CNN now?

Buzzfeed has credibility. Unlike Fox News.

:rofl:

And I almost never use those silly emoticons.

(Hey…I just earned my “first emoji” for this one!)

Looks like the media is still doing the kind of circular reporting they did with the dossier and adam schiff bit.

It’s incredible that these slime keep getting away with this kind of stuff.

Probably Mueller’s thinking in breaking silence for the first time. He didn’t want his anti Trump friends in the House to start this big impeachment process and have it all turn to ■■■■ in the middle of it.

The obvious answer: a leak was implied by the report. I was kind of skeptical yesterday, on those grounds. Mueller decided that an implied leak, which contained fundamentally incorrect assertions, should not be allowed to stand. Sort of an anti-leak maneuver.
Mueller’s team has not denied other reports from participants such as witnesses, who can say whatever they want, which have turned out to be confirmed.

1 Like

As Alan Dershowitz said. They are running stories based on wishful thinking. Wishful thinking is mother of fake news.

Me?

Nope. I put both the fox new and cnn links. That way con’s have their source and lib’s have their source. both say the same thing.

Alan Dershowitz is always a good source.

1 Like