Mueller findings show Trump lied about FBI, his attempt to destroy the agency failed

Have you not been following this story at all? They started investigating Trump in July of 2016.

No they didn’t.

They were investigating Russian interference. Which is what Russians were doing. Should we have ignored that?

That’s not what Comey told congress.

from Comey Confirms a Trump-Russia FBI Investigation Began Last July | WIRED

Now, nine months since the earliest of those intrusions came to light, the FBI has confirmed that since July, it’s been investigating possible connections between Trump’s campaign and the Russian government.

In a hearing of the House of Representatives’ Select Intelligence Committee Monday into possible Russian interference in the election, FBI Director Comey stated for the first time that the agency he leads is investigating Russia-Trump ties. “I’ve been authorized by the Department of Justice to confirm that the FBI as part of our counterintelligence mission is investigating the Russian government’s efforts to interfere in the United States’ 2016 presidential election,” Comey told the House committee. “That includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government, and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.”

So you think law enforcement should treat some people differently than others?

I tend to agree, however I would hold people running for office to a higher standard whereas you seem to hold them to a lower one.

As I said, you won’t admit its a problem until it goes the other way.

Cop out.

So Trump was asking Comey to lie to the American people then when he asked him repeatedly to tell us that Trump wasn’t under investigation?

The distinction is, obviously, is Trump under investigation or are people associated with his campaign under investigation. The distinction would seem to matter quite a lot.

And your son, campaign direct and…I forget who else…taking a meeting with russians who promise you dirt on your opponent isn’t enough evidence for you?

Where do you think some of the dirt in the dossier Hillary paid for came from?

Here, let me help you out.

from 10 Things Reporters Need To Understand About The Steele Dossier

) Russian officials were sources of key claims in dossier

We’re in the midst of media frenzy over Russian disinformation campaigns, particularly as they apply to the 2016 election. It is worth noting that the sources of the “Russia-Trump dossier” were senior Russian officials:

Source A—to use the careful nomenclature of his dossier—was ‘a senior Russian Foreign Ministry figure.’ Source B was ‘a former top level intelligence officer still active in the Kremlin.’

You mean the dossier that Marco Rubio and Hillary Clinton paid for? Don’t know where the information came from, You’d have to ask Steele.

But you didn’t answer my question.

A crime was committed. Foreign nationals hacked in to the DNC and released information to benefit the Trump campaign.

And what was the rock solid evidence Trump was involved in it?

Uh huh. And?

Since trump believes the russians did not try to interfere with our election, that would suggest these officials would not be lying to steele to influence the election. Therefore, trump would believe these sources are accurate.

And what do you believe? That the same government that stolen US property and released it during our election cycle was also working against the candidate they were working for?

We have established that it is ok for Hillary to get dirt on her opponent from Russian government sources, that should answer your question.

I can’t decipher this post, sorry.

That’s what the investigation is for.

Please be honest…if Obama’s campaign director and son, and son in law? (I forget - was Kush there?) met with russians promising dirt on John McCain, would you call for investigations?

Is “rock solid” a legal term?

…because you logic is so ■■■■■■ up it’s impossible to describe clearly. One more try:

• Trump does not believe the russians were interfering in our election.
  • If that is true, russian officials would have no reason to lie to Steel. The only reason to spread false int would be to influence th election.
  • Therefore, trump would see no reason for these officials to lie.

Back in the real world -

• We know russia stole US property and released it to help Trump
  • Why would russian officials lie to steel to hurt the candidate they were helping?

No, because as far as I know there is no law against getting political dirt on your opponent from foreigners. Maybe you can point it out to me. And if you do, explain to me why getting dirt from Steele and his Russian sources doesn’t count.