Mueller Coverup

This one is an oldie but goodie from the Qanon nutjob archive. Currently, their focus is whether RBG is alive or dead, French protesters (yellow vesters), AOC and oddly enough, a military operation in Los Angeles.

I knew this thread would be entertaining when I saw the title.

I wasn’t disappointed, though this line is getting a bit old and tired.

It’s interesting. When typed out like this the wild-eyed conspiracy theory conjured by the CEC sounds downright crazy and void of any semblance of logic or rationality.
[/quote]

But you are missing the obvious! Life-long Republican Robert Mueller has conspired with life-long Republican James Comey and life-long Republican Rod Rosenstein to bring down a Republican President. Think just how nefarious that is!

3 Likes

There’s an old joke in legal circumstances. If the facts are on your side, pound the facts. If the facts are against you, pound the law. If the law is against you, pound the table. We’re seeing a lot of table abuse in America these days.

3 Likes

But you are missing the obvious! Life-long Republican Robert Mueller has conspired with life-long Republican James Comey and life-long Republican Rod Rosenstein to bring down a Republican President. Think just how nefarious that is!
[/quote]

When they say deep state they mean DEEP STATE.

Lot of us been on top of this story from day one…and we are award of Rod “The Weasel” Rosenstein involvement.

Also lets not forget he signed the last FISA warrant. :wink:

Oh welcome to the forum.

When they say deep state they mean DEEP STATE.
[/quote]

In Watergate we had DEEP THROAT. You can see how much things have deteriorated in America that now we have to settle for DEEP STATE. Darn Puritans!

1 Like

Indeed. Hence the need for the faceless, nameless, ambiguous Deep State boogeyman that was created by those desperate to run interference for Trump, his criminal activity, those in his orbit, and equally important, his failures in office.

All of the truths you stated here can be illogically rationalized away by conspiracy theorists, by assigning these lifelong Republicans who devoted their entire adult lives to upholding the rule of law and defending the Constitution to this impossible to define enemy.

Let’s also not forget that two independent judges signed off on that FISA warrant, based largely on the results of the previous warrants. Do you have nicknames for those judges as well or might you consider that their judgment was sound?

Or perhaps you have seen the entire filing for the FISA warrant and are in a position to render a sound legal judgment? It’s not been made public so the rest of us have to rely on our faith in the legal system.

2 Likes

Or, to summarize, as Vladimir Putin might put it, ‘all the legal safeguards and Constitutional rights that Americans say make their system worthwhile are just a fraud. No reason for people anywhere else to aspire to democracy on the American model. And who is better are spokespersons for this viewpoint than my good friend Donald Trump and his supporters. Or as Comrade Lenin observed, the Americans will sell you the rope that you will hang them with.’

2 Likes

This is a brutally accurate description of what we are facing here. An attempt to devestate the premier Law Enforcement Institutions the world has known. Along with all of the principles, safeguards, and guiding light it brings to the rest of the world. And all from an enemy within our own borders. And for what? To defend Donald Trump of all people? It’s a tragic comedy.

1 Like

It’s a tragic comedy.
[/quote]

“A tragic comedy” Hmmm?

During the Clinton impeachment I frequently thought of Marx’s gibe about Napoleon III, that all historical events happen twice, the first time as tragedy and the second time as farce. Clearly, the pursuit of Clinton was a farcical reprise of the Watergate tragedy. Now we are on to Round 3 and I am at a loss for words.

America’s institutions are flawed. They were designed and are operated by people and so they almost never can approach perfection. But the effort by Trump and his supporters to denigrate and tear down those institutions, while replacing them with nothing but promises from Trump and his family members, this is among the most dangerous and serious assaults America has ever faced. Even when attacked Clinton, the Republicans attacked the man, but not the underlying institutions. This is an all-out assault on America from the same party that in my lifetime called on us to see America as the “shining city on the hill.” I don’t even know how to characterize that.

5 Likes

I think my favorite paragraph is the one I highlighted. You’d think a few people would realize that.

Outstanding post. Thank you.