MR. DEEP STATE: John Kerry Uses D-Day Commemoration to Attack President Trump’s Foreign Policy

Originally published at: MR. DEEP STATE: John Kerry Uses D-Day Commemoration to Attack President Trump’s Foreign Policy | Sean Hannity

Former Secretary of State John Kerry used the 75th anniversary of the D-Day invasion to critique President Trump’s foreign policy; saying “for the last two years, NATO has been under attack.”

“John Kerry said D-Day commemorations and the Second World War stood as a reminder to the world that terrible things happened when tolerance and cooperation broke down,” reports the Washington Examiner.

“Sitting in front of rows of American graves, the former secretary of state and senator for Massachusetts told the hosts of MSNBC’s ‘Morning Joe’ he was deeply concerned about attacks on NATO and the European Union. President Trump has demanded NATO countries pay more for their own defense and praised Brexit, Britain’s exit from the European Union,” adds the Examiner.

“For the last two years, Nato has been under attack,” said Kerry. “The value of the European Union is under attack. The EU came together not as an epic program or fly-by-night thing. It was the outgrowth of World War II in order to stop Europeans from killing each other.”

John Kerry was in Normandy for #DDay75thAnniversary

He used the occasion to take shots at Trump.https://t.co/i0PJTTBjnL

— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) June 6, 2019

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo slammed his predecessor on Fox News just last week; saying “it’s true” that John Kerry has violated the Logan Act with his ongoing talks with top Iranian officials since leaving the State Department.

“It’s true. I was there in Munich … I saw not only Kerry … [others] met with the Iranian leadership,” Pompeo said during an appearance on “Fox and Friends.” “It’s unusual, but more importantly, it’s wrong,” said Pompeo.

“Every American should support America’s foreign policy. They had their moment, they had their day, it’s time to get off the stage. We all know the Logan Act, we all know the risk that is taken when people act as private citizens on behalf of the United States government,” he added.

President Trump slammed Kerry’s ongoing relationship with Iran while speaking with reporters at the White House last month; saying he clearly “violated” the Logan Act.

“You know John Kerry speaks to them a lot, and John Kerry tells them not to call. That’s a violation of the Logan Act, and frankly he should be prosecuted on that,” Trump told reporters at the White House.

“But my people don’t want to do anything, only the Democrats do that kind of stuff. If it were the opposite way, they’d prosecute him under the Logan Act,” he said.

Watch: Trump says former U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry "should be prosecuted" under the Logan Act for interfering with potential negotiations with Iran: "Plain and simple, he shouldn't be doing that." https://t.co/2Ejtn8R7Wu pic.twitter.com/3LCaXJ1g8A

— Newsweek (@Newsweek) May 9, 2019

Kerry made global headlines last year when he admitted to continued contacts with Iranian officials, saying “What I have done is tried to elicit from him what Iran might be willing to do in order to change the dynamic in the Middle East for the better.”