Mr. Cuomo, Here is why America is great

I made my list of why America is great. What do you love about your wonderful country?

We still haven’t fixed this. And I saw an article about water on military bases.

What is so negative about asking you how you feel about Donald Trump’s campaign slogan?

True love for one’s nation includes a desire to be critical of it’s history, actions, and desire to be better. It’s more than waving a flag, putting a pin on your lapel, and chanting jingoistic slogans.

A great nation does not put children in cages with no framework in place for them to ever be reunited with their parents.

A great nation does not elect a President who mocks the appearance of women, belittles the service of POWs, attacks grieving Gold Star families, and generally carries himself like an idiotic, lying, grade school bully.

A great nation does not continue to fall for slashing taxes for corporations and the ultra wealthy while average workers can’t even keep up with inflation.

A great nation does not have 4.4% of the world’s population, but more than 22% of the world’s prison population.

A great nation does not threaten it’s long term allies while playing footsie with petty dictators.

We are not great because tens of millions of our friends and neighbors are not great. Many of them are quite deplorable.

1 Like

Well the polite thing to do would be to respond to the topic first. Before changing the topic to Trump. The topic was never meant to be about Trump. Give your reply to the topic and we can take it from there.

Two questions.

What country is greater than us?

And why are people so eager to flood into a country that is not great? They have 195 counties to choose from. Why do they come here and then do everything in their power to stay if they don’t love it here?

Tough questions I know. Good luck.

Make America Great Again

Great Again

Again

Did we finish making America great again? When did we stop being great? Why weren’t we great before?

It must bug you that politicians are saying America isn’t great any more.

You forgot to include what you love about America. That’s kinda what the topic is all about Charlie Brown.

Because we have money and stability.

I love how as Americans we’re free to criticize our government. When our government officials commits atrocities in our name, we can speak up and hold those officials accountable without fear of retaliation.

1 Like

The poster who asked you about Trump’s slogan has a point then…and unlike what you asserted, was not off-topic.

If you think America is the greatest nation in the world, then why did you vote for a man who said we had to make it great again?

I love that I can say America isn’t great.

Our government doesn’t commit atrocities. Stop being anti-American

That should be the summary of this thread.

1 Like

It’s not polite to ask a new question before responding to the original question.

I would bet that countries who have experienced major disasters do not agree. They are probably pretty happy to see this :us: when their food and medicine arrives. Good stuff my friend, good stuff!

Who is greater. And what makes them so?

Pretty much. Get out your pom poms or else.

I would of loved for him to go into more detail on this part. A lot of people didn’t get the proper credit for a lot of these due not being allowed to apply for a patent.

I answered your question. Could you answer mine?

Make America Great Again

Great Again

Again

Did we finish making America great again? When did we stop being great? Why weren’t we great before?

It must bug you that politicians are saying America isn’t great any more.

FTR…spending 2 years at USAID and seeing firsthand how money is distributed to the various missions across the globe, I can honestly say we do a great job in getting aid out. However, that was under a different administration(Bush’s 2nd term), not sure how things are now.