More Corporate Virtue Signaling

I told you … they lose respect. Or rather, since they both removed it and apologized for ever displaying the soldering iron, they lost respect.

What they really should do is apologize for their racist corporate name.

Someone saw something and said something. A representative for CB stated the cord should have been noticed & corrected before being out on display.

Not everyone is familiar with a soldering iron. Won’t be losing sleep over this.

Assuming they care about the respect that they have now lost, right?

If they didn’t care about public perception, they would have let the customer who complained find another restaurant to eat in.

no pictures?

ok fine I’ll do it.

I don’t think it’s nefarious, I see a chain, a noose and a lamp. I don’t see a soldiering iron.

Sure, but they do not care about the triggered cons perspective. Otherwise they would not remove it…

You cons are mad they removed it. They do not care about your © feelings.

Looks like a noose to me…

Remove it and life goes on… well not for cons. But oh well.

1 Like

It’s a moose.

We cons are not mad at all. Disappointed yes. Political Correctness has ruined this country.

That’s because the picture deliberately did not include the iron itself.

Yep, seems easy enough.

Frankly I look down upon anyone eating in chain restaurants. I care about this as much as I care about a Nebraskan’s praise of Red Lobster.

should go back to calling black people “colored” or “negro”?

After all it’s political correctness that removed those terms for black people.

Mostly conservative here, but not seeing the problem. CB made a statement that that cord should have been wrapped up before being put on display & made the change.

Complaint made, problem solved. Life should go on.

What would be wrong with that? There is virtually no difference between the description “people of color” and “colored people.” For that matter, there is virtually no difference between calling someone black and calling them a negro. That’s what negro means.

If it was that simple, all they had to do is hang the iron by its cord.

Well you go out and push back again political correctness and call the next black person you see “colored” or “negro”.

Report back about your experience

Sorry Sam, you must use the NAACP approved term. Can’t use colored people or Negro. It’s hurtful.

Unless of course you ARE black and toss the N word around with impunity every other word.

1 Like

Is that a word you want to use, without impunity?

It’s a lot cheaper to virtue signal than to make any real changes.

I love it how you libs flaunt your arrogant pretentiousness rather than actually address the points you disagree with. I suggest the time you hear a black person use “people of color” you should ask them what the difference is.

I have been pushing back against Political Correctness ever since it first reared its ugly head in the late '70s with no negative consequences except a few “loving” lib relatives have defriended me on Facebook. No great loss.