More and more, people's sentiments are divorced from reality and tied to party identification

Lol the perfect example of what JayJay was talking about.

2 Likes

As long as y’all stay off my lawn I’m good.

2 Likes

It depends on who defines what a back to normalcy is. A 5% rise in inflation doesn’t hurt me much I would imagine does to impact people on a fixed income. Rising crime and maddening deficit spending doesn’t need to become to the new normal.

Before you think I am blaming just the Democrats I blame China first and the pukes that enriched that communist cockroach regime. Then I blame the Democrats. Republicans and Fed for printing money and deficit spending. We are at an alarming rise in debt both sides pushing it up and up, if history is to be our guide (Japan being the exception) it hurts the value and buying power of a country’s currency. I wouldn’t be surprised we get another downgrade in our global credit rating.

1 Like

CNN did do a similar article 4 years ago, saying many of the same things as in the current article, which makes sense given both articles were written by the same person.

2 Likes

I am just putting this out there, since Trump is gone, I have really enjoyed a lot of your posts. Take it as you will.

2 Likes

Even though OP appears to be a bit partisan in and of itself, the message is generally right. People on both (and really more than just two) sides of the political divide are divorced from reality.

What matters more than the truth is “Go Blue Team!” or “Go Red Team!” and if truth conflicts with those perceptions, most are simply saying “To hell with the truth then”

1 Like

With Trump I refused to condemn him for much of his behavior. I’m thinking DEMs mistook that for blind Trump loyalty. I really didn’t care about anything other than his results. I’m trying to follow that same pattern with Biden. Just like I didn’t condemn Trump’s behavior, I refuse to attack Biden’s. I’m hoping that demonstrates my even handedness.

3 Likes

I was thinking the same thing earlier. Like it was coordinated.

Do you “remember” the history of the Weimar Republic?

Or is this just buzzword-politics reference?

No, but I was kind of hoping to avoid reliving it.

2 Likes

This is true on both sides of the aisle! Your premise isn’t just exclusive to republicans.

You may be confusing correlation with causation… with a little projection thrown in, as well.

Political parties have to be understood as a form of supermind, superminds are groups of humans acting as computational units for a group purpose, that purpose is always to make sure that group continues, no different than a biological entity really. The purpose of the Democratic or Republican superminds are the same, survival of those parties. Not betterment of the country or even betterment of the members of that group, just survival of that supermind. That’s it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075D6FCLB/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Though that book goes a bit dystopian with a bit of Chinese system worship and he appears to get a bit excited of the idea of a state that controls every aspect of your life while being a techno surveillance nighmare, he isn’t wrong about superminds, the market being a classic example. And I like his idea of liquid or market democracy.

Liquid or market democracy is basically, you divide the political realm into categories we already have, foreign policy, agriculture, national security etc. You can vote yourself on every law or, you can give or sell, if you want it to be a market, your proxy to someone you trust in that area. How brilliant is that? So if say 50 million people give their proxy to individual x, he calls the shots on say foreign policy.

It’s entirely possible to loath Donald Trump and also believe that progressive Democratic governance is a FAR greater danger to the long term stability of the Republic.

Simply not true. I am a democrat and strongly believe in capitalism, have worked for the same fortune 50 company for the last 34 years. My entire future is riding on capitalism. There is a difference between the liberal and progressive wings of the Democratic Party. Right now the libs are in control.

If that changes in the future I will let you know.

Allan

The progs are not in control. Lol.

Allan

Zantax prefers the CEC caricature of the left versus reality. Sad.

This is my memory as well. Heck, as the monthly jobs reports came out I congratulated Trump on the good economy.

Zantax actually listens to what the left says and reads what they write.