Montana Battlegrond: Steve Daines

Doesn’t ring so genuine to me either.

I suppose the forces of ANTI Trump have to do what they can…even if it sounds absurd.

:statue_of_liberty:

1 Like

yes, they were. and it wouldn’t have mattered who was in the white house.

they didn’t consult, they didn’t ask, they didn’t negotiate.

they said, the operation has already started and we’re doing it.

It’s turned out well for us. Is that a problem?

Thank you for using the quote function.

However, Natuf’s question was the last two lines of the post. Why quote the whole thing when you’re only interested in the last two lines?

The purpose behind the quote function is to make it easy to follow a conversation.

Nit picking my post? Ok. Whatever.

Well don’t leave us hanging! How deprived is he?

You think it turned out well for us?

You think there’s no problem that plenty of our allies were killed and ISIS fighters they’d been holding in prison camps escaped to fight again.

Well, as long as it turned out well for us in the short term, who cares about all those Kurdish deaths and sufferiing and the long term effects of that betrayal.

I just want to make sure i am following along.

The question of “Is Steve Danes in trouble with Steve Bullock running for Senator in Montana”?
The answer is

Trump may have or may not have hurt us by not supporting the Kurds.

Is that correct?

I have been fighting for the use of the quote function for some time. It is not a nit pick to me.

As for the rest of your two word post, what is there for me to say?

You wouldn’t believe me if I denied it.

Some time ago I had started a thread asking people what news media they consumed.

Invariably, Democrats and Liberals said they read a variety of news media before coming to a decision.

Conservatives proudly stated they didn’t read anything, or refused to say what they read.

Which is why Confirmation Bias is strong within you.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve allow myself to be derailed from the OP. Sorry about that. ; )

Let’s get back to Montana!

2 Likes

Snorting cocaine off of the bodies of strippers and then taking one into a back room for what we all can imagine is the least depraved thing I’m speaking of here. And this was not back in the 60’s or 70’s. This has been in this century. He is an obese vulgarian who laughs like a hyena away from the public eye at how gullible Republicans are and how rich he is getting off being in Congress.

1 Like

Defending dems and condemning the gop is being a true conservative/republican? :thinking:

1 Like

Last response in this thread. Would love to continue it in a thread of its own if you’re willing to do so.

I am not a “single issue” voter. I try to look at all sides. Some things the Democrat party does I like. Most things I don’t.

In the past it has been the opposite for the Republicans. Most things I liked, some things I didn’t.

Now I admit I’m at the point where I’m disgusted with 'em all.

1 Like

Why would I need to go anywhere to find out what my opinion should be? I’ll leave that to you libs.

There was no betrayal of the Kurds. We negotiated a ceasefire to give them time to pull back. There are 2 kurdish militant groups. One is our ally (and still our ally) and the other are terrorists bent on attacking Turkey and creating “Kurdistan” something we oppose. The result of the pull back has been an overall positive. The Kurds are still our allies, the Turks have been driven away from their flirtations with Russia, We have removed ourselves as a buffer between the Turks and Kurds who’ve been fighting each other for generations, and the Turks now have the headache of dealing with Assad and his allies more directly.

Ah…you did not make it clear in your initial response to me that your statement was just your opinion, and not based on what top strategic people said.

You are entitled to your opinion - I’m not saying you’re not.

I gather all the information I can so that I can make an informed conclusion.

And my last reponse to you in the Montana Battlegrond thread. (:wink: - Guvnah)

If you’d like to continue to discuss our differing opinions of Trump’s actions and their repurcussions, regarding the Kurds, in a separate thread, where other people might join in, I’d be happy to do so.

Actually, I’m with you regarding the quote function. Just quote what you are addressing.

You have some work to do, though. Lots of your lib colleagues on here complain when people do that to them. “Quote the whole reply!”

I’m sticking with my style. And you’re the first person I’ve seen on here calling for that approach. I stand with you on that.

Is it only the Libs, though?

I’ve never seen anyone request that, but then I don’t read every post.

I do see a lot of people quoting the whooooooole block of text, and it just makes no sense to me.

OK

Seems to me, Trump is your single issue.

Only ones who have ever complained about it to me. Yup.

Yup. The worst are the threads where the whole reply gets quoted, and then one sentence (or even one word) is the response. And then all of that gets quoted, with another one-liner. And on and on. The quote gets longer and longer, with deeper and deeper nesting … all for the sake of adding yet another line (and at that point most of the time it’s just nested bickering.)

YES.

I can see someone doing that once, not realizing how unreadable it all becomes, but then they continue to do it…

Trump has done a myriad of things on a variety of issues, most of which I despise.

For the upcoming election…you’re right I think he is therefore, technically, my only issue, because that Issue covers so many issues.

Sadly, there is not a single Republican who will challenge him.

Equally sadly, even tragically, I don’t see Biden beating him because of all the baggage he has. He seems as corrupt as Trump.

Another 4 years with Trump as leader…the most tragic of all.

But let’s get back to Steve Daines.