MN cops shoot and kill another black man

Policing in this country is broken. One should assume their life is in danger when confronted by the cops and not be that dumbass who gets themselves killed out of their own stupidity.

We don’t know all the facts yet. But you go ahead and assume he was the dummy.

Or if he was jumping back in the car because a crazy cop was trying to shoot him?

Or if he was jumping back to get his insurance information? Or his ID or…we don’t know yet, right?

Or, some people in this country are broken enough that police risk their lives on a simple traffic stop.

Agreed.

1 Like

Remember this one?

Let me see your license…

Ok. (goes to grab his licenses)

Cop shoots the man…

That too. Like the broken brain trying to jump back in the car after finding out they’re going to jail.

1 Like

Next time you jump back in your car after being told you are under arrest let me know how it works out for you.

Like this guy following police orders

There’s no need to keep spamming the same link. I saw it the first time you diverted the topic.

"officers stopped an individual shortly before 2 p.m. Sunday after determining the driver had an outstanding warrant. Police said when they tried to arrest the driver, the driver reentered the vehicle and drove away.

An officer fired at the vehicle, striking the driver. Police said the vehicle traveled several blocks before hitting another vehicle."

Cops claim they shot the suspect as he was fleeing the scene. This is why cams are a good idea. Even if this is true, it’s already been ruled that cops can’t just arbitrarily shoot someone because they’re fleeing the scene. Turns out the man was unarmed. If this was a stop based on a felony warrant, was there backup on the scene or did this officer engage the suspect alone and panic when the suspect drove away? Either way, sounds like maybe procedure wasn’t followed. We won’t know until more details are released though.

No one would ever know in that case. Wouldn’t even make it to print. :wink:

1 Like

We can play this game all day long. It isn’t one sided.

Bad judgement calls, wrong information has lead to the deaths of many at the hands of the police.

Good judgement calls, right information has lead to the arrest of many and sometimes the deaths of those are a danger to you (c) and I (c).

3 Likes

If you were just trying to save an air freshener it might :wink:

1 Like

Shooting at a moving vehicle eh?

In a city.

Cool.

Cop would have fit in with the Breonna Taylor hit squad.

1 Like

Yet you made a whole lotta conclusions in your OP. :man_shrugging:

Strongly disagree.

Stupid idea to jump to conclusions before all the facts are known.

3 Likes

You tell the people concluding the dead kid was a moron.

I mean it wasn’t smart.

I’m not saying it’s a justified shoot yet. No where near enough details for that determination.

But survival should take priority for anyone. Once you’ve been placed under arrest jumping back in your car isn’t the best thing to do under the circumstances.

I wouldn’t have done that. Because I don’t want to get shot. A lot of these cops are trigger happy. So when I’ve been pulled over in the past I make sure to keep them happy so they don’t put a hole in me.

3 Likes

Just going to point out you can indeed legitimately be pulled over for air fresheners. At least, every state I have ever lived in has laws regarding how much your windshield can be blocked. Here is Minnesota’s.

from Auto Repair - Maintenance, Troubleshooting and Car Repair Estimates - Autoblog

Obstructions

Minnesota has strict laws governing any potential obstructions to the driver’s view through the windshield.

• Drivers are not permitted to have any objects hanging between them and the windshield on the vehicle other than sun visors and rearview mirrors.