MLK Book banning due to CRT

That is a scorecard that will not work out well.

2 Likes

The Constitution formed a country. Then it guaranteed rights from that government. And it is why institutional racism no longer exists in this country. It is also why slavery was abolished.

Throughout history, some people have oppressed other people, racism not required.

3 Likes

Do you know what Critical Theory is?

Ok, the black nation contributed. About 10%.

How do you© have a voice now?

and it’s good to fill those historical gaps with actual information.

Why?

1 Like

Good post.

I disagree with this:

Do you have a problem teaching about culture?

Yes, I do. It’s useless to teach about the least important and least indicative trait a human being has. Utterly useless.

1 Like

That’s your narrative.

Predominately. Of course. White fireman hosing black citizens for using their constitutionally protected tight to protest.

Why do you think the right to protest is in the bill of rights?

Allan

Which means no.

It’s not.

1 Like

What are you talking about.

It’s the first amendment.

“right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

It’s exact what they were doing in Birmingham in 1963.

They were grieving bull connor.

Allan

If done well, dates can definitely be good in putting scale and time into perspective.

It blew my mind when I was young to learn that Cleopatra was closer to us, than she was to the building of the Great Pyramids. Or that Woolly Mammoths we’re around when Egypt was a sprawling empire and the construction of the Great Pyramids.

2 Likes

In second grade? Yes

The word “protest” appears exactly no where. Add some adjectives.

What is a gathering of people assembling peacefully redressing their grievances in modern parlance. Lol

A protest.

What was the Boston tea party?

What was the whiskey rebellion?

They were protests.

Protesting things has a long history in american and pre American culture.

Allan

1 Like

According to the left, Whites are the only racists throughout world history, and are worse than ever today. Since they want to be so outlandish and dishonest I figured I would try to get a crumb.

2 Likes

I get what the point you are making is… but there has to be something that has to be said about the European and American penchant for scientific racism.

It wasn’t that the other races were simply different… but here… we have scientific proof that they are different and we are superior… look at the bumps on the skull… see… see right there… the bumps.

1 Like

But that’s the elites who were pushing that stuff Jezcoe. I doubt many average, poor Americans from that era who were trying to just survive were studying skulls and making remarks like that. It can always be traced back to who had the most money and influence. Their greatest trick is getting minorities to think it’s all of us who did it to them. Because of the elites owning the tools of information it has been relatively easy to create and keep that lie going. Stanford, Duke, Rockefeller, all the barons who were instrumental in creating public education, and later the media barons, have gotten us to this point.

But you people said dates are boring. Not useful. How about jumping to the date of the emancipation proclamation instead? Or how about the date that the first black tribe in Africa captured another black tribe to sell? I mean … wouldn’t that really be the start of slavery?

You are being inconsistent. You want to teach narratives because you say dates are not important. But then you cite a supposed ( bit arbitrary) “red letter date”.

2 Likes

Not required but we are talking about actual history… which for this country… melanin was used.