MLK Book banning due to CRT

CRT is not being taught in K-12.

But you can link me to classroom curricula to prove me wrong.

You referenced it. Shall I show you where you referenced it as a thing?

And @PurpnGold referenced it as a history.

Doesn’t matter… it is history and it could make white people feel bad, who weren’t even born. That means it should not be allowed.

Tell me how is memorizing that going to help someone get a job?

1 Like

Special enough to use as an oppressive tool for 400 years. The constitution isn’t even older than racism in this country… and yet that document is special.

Special or not… it’s real and has impacts.

No I didn’t. I asked you how a non history lesson (CRT) can be replaced by a history lesson.

How being a rounded person going to help someone get a job. History education isn’t solely being taught for history sake.

Just like past history is not really useful. It’s good to know but it really does not help poor children move up in life.

Only the one way though. Anybody who supported a Trump policy wasn’t a “Trump humper” at all.

1 Like

Of course they were, so what? Only black protesters ever got the hose?

1 Like

Hmmm…

2 Likes

Might want to read the source material.

Well rounds means knowing what happened. Not spending years going into every little thing that happened.
You know very little about native American’s and their history. Has that fact kept you from living a good life?

No, there isn’t.

1 Like

Why does anybody need to know “the history of black people in this country”? Why does 90% need to know the history of 10% in primary school?

It means knowing what happened in part

It means being able to understand what happened

Indeed i know very little of Native American history. I am certainly ignorant od the multitude of cultures surrounding the differing tribes, their interactions pre colonialism and then post colonialism. But again living a good life isn’t synonymous with being well rounded and well rounded doesn’t mean all knowing but imo it’s being taught to analyze and process information from different perspectives.

Sure it is… you don’t think the study of the First two way phone lead to the creation of the modern cellphone? Or email?

Lack of impact. Lack of complexity.

I agree about memorizing dates.

Hence the 30 minutes.