MIXED MESSAGES: Chicago Mayor Faces Backlash for ‘Getting Haircut’ During Shutdown, Says She’s ‘Face of the City’

Originally published at: MIXED MESSAGES: Chicago Mayor Faces Backlash for ‘Getting Haircut’ During Shutdown, Says She’s ‘Face of the City’ | Sean Hannity

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot faced a growing backlash Tuesday after getting a haircut during her city’s Coronavirus shut-down order; saying she’s the “face of the city” and the stylist “wore a mask.”

“Mayor Lori Lightfoot defended getting a haircut over the weekend even though barbers and stylists were shut down under the state’s stay-at-home order, saying she’s the face of the city and the woman who cut her hair wore a mask,” reports the Chicago Tribune.

“I think what really people want to talk about is, we’re talking about people dying here. We’re talking about significant health disparities. I think that’s what people care most about,” Lightfoot said.

Mayor Lightfoot defended getting a haircut amid the coronavirus outbreak, saying she’s the face of the city and the woman who cut her hair wore a mask. https://t.co/Tfhk959N8F

— Chicago Tribune (@chicagotribune) April 6, 2020

“I’m a person who, I take my personal hygiene very seriously. As I said, I felt like I needed to have a haircut,” Lightfoot said. “I’m not able to do that myself, so I got a haircut. You want to talk more about that?”

Read the full report here.

Source: Chicago Tribune