Mitch "Grim Reaper" McConnell

Channeling such classics as, “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”, Mitch McConnell has made a new pledge to the American people.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Monday vowed to be the “Grim Reaper” for progressive policies if Republicans hold on to the Senate in 2020.

“If I’m still the majority leader in the Senate think of me as the Grim Reaper. None of that stuff is going to pass,” McConnell said while speaking to community leaders in Owensboro, Ky.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/440041-mcconnell-pledges-to-be-grim-reaper-for-progressive-policies

A pretty impressive wrestling gimmick? Yes. A strategy for the Senate Majority Leader? Not so much.

Look. I get it. I get what he’s saying here. He’s appealing to the base and his … supporters? Someone actually likes McConnell, right? But is this really what we want to hear from our politicians? That all policy ideas from the other side is dead on arrival? It’s an awful, awful, AWFUL way to lead a party and to facilitate policy. And (before you say it), you’re right, this has been done in the past by both parties. Still awful. Still unacceptable.

We, collectively, deserve better than politicians like Mitch.

3 Likes

Awful when both sides do it, only worthy of being called out when it’s not your side doing it. Got it.

3 Likes

Mitch McConnell should be primaried for the way he behaves in the Senate. I’ve never met a Republic who likes this guy.

So slimy. He wouldn’t dare say this if he didn’t have a favorable map.

Time to crank up the old time machine and create posts when “my team” did this.

1 Like

Can you think of time when liberals called out a liberal for saying something similar?

I can not. Cool? If that’s justification enough for you not to call out Mitch, cool. So back to the OP, which is about Mitch McConnell and the death of bipartisanship.

This is Mitch McConnell as a child. Pretty cute actually.

He’s not the grim reaper. He’s just a politician who won’t hold other politicians on his side the aisle accountable. And his popularity soars as he protects Donald Trump. That’s all this is.

20190422_160839

Libs always had a problem of holding their own to same standards they demand everyone else.

2 Likes

Irony.

2 Likes

Cool. So we’re supposed to call out Mitch, yet liberals can’t cite one example of a liberal politician that should be called out. Amazing how one-sided that is.

Agreed. It’s awful. Shouldn’t happen. Also shouldn’t stop you from wanting better from Mitch. The current Senate majority leader.

Amazing how 1 person in the senate can shut down the whole process.

1 Like

As the Founding Fathers intended.

I always assumed the Grim Reaper had a chin.

There was another former poster who used to do this all the time: only allow criticism of their own if you also criticized one of your own. It’s weak. If you want to start a thread about liberals, have at it. This one is about Mitch.

2 Likes

It would be futile. Liberals don’t call out their own. Chuck Schumer and Bush nominees comes to mind. Harry Reid and the filibuster… nada.

You condemning McConnell would be futile because liberals haven’t condemned their own politicians in the past? You should think more highly of yourself.

Liberals behave one way and expect me to behave another?

RWNJ’s are not responsible for their own actions. They are always at the effect of others.

All you’re doing is trying to derail the thread. If you don’t want to talk about the OP, there are other places to go.

2 Likes