Missouri reportedly withheld a study that mask mandates work

They saw the study but didn’t make it public for what seems to be a political reason.

An analysis by the Missouri state Department of Health and Senior Services revealed that mask mandates do work and prevented COVID-19 infections during the worst part of the Delta variant surge this summer.

However, these results were kept from the public until the Missouri Independent and the Documenting COVID-19 project made a Sunshine Law request to the department, Saint Louis Public Radio reported.

The study “compared infection and death rates in St. Louis, St. Louis County, Kansas City and Jackson County with the rest of the state,” and statewide data showed that for every 100,000 residents, there was an average of 15.8 cases per day in communities with mask mandates, and 21.7 cases per day for every 100,000 residents in communities without mask mandates.

tenor

2 Likes

"However, Chris Nuelle, ​​Press Secretary at Missouri Attorney General’s Office, wrote in an email that the analysis will not affect their position regarding mask mandates.

“We dispute this premise and these charts,” Nuelle wrote. “We’ve been clear that Missourians should have the right to make their own decisions, and that government bureaucrats shouldn’t be mandating masks or vaccines. We will continue to fiercely litigate our lawsuits against mask mandates in Missouri.”

Missourians should have the right to make their own decisions, but we as the State Government are going to withhold information that might aid them in their right :joy:

4 Likes

If my state did this, it would be a deal breaker for me. But I’ve been wanting to move to a more conservative state for quite some time now. This would light my ass on fire.

1 Like

Why are we surprise?

Red states hiding truths that hurt them politically is nothing new.

I’m still waiting for that az audit results to show trump won.

But just the “red” states.

I agree ; has very little to do w/ the OP though

What are you talking about? They did the audit and it showed Biden won and was published. Using the audit which has been published, as proof, is moronic. I guess if they are hiding the truth then Trump did win. Win win

Amazing, libs are mad when their claims of it being a fraudulent audit are shot down. I think libs were hoping it went the other way so they can still bitch about it. You on the other hand are doing it anyway, confirming the lib stereotype.

1 Like

Yeah. Like that red state that hid about all the deaths they caused by sending the infected to nursing homes. What was it….oh yeah…New York.

3 Likes

Very little maybe. But a possible consequence in the future.

No.

The post I replied to said red states hid truths that hurt them politically. My post specifically responded to that statement. You apparently don’t understand the meaning of your reference.

From your link:

“The study “compared infection and death rates in St. Louis, St. Louis County, Kansas City and Jackson County with the rest of the state,” and statewide data showed that for every 100,000 residents, there was an average of 15.8 cases per day in communities with mask mandates, and 21.7 cases per day for every 100,000 residents in communities without mask mandates.”

Does this include data on population densities?

I don’t see it in that article but - it appears that the urban dense areas here were ones with the mandates and had a lower average of cases.

“Permanent means indefinite. It doesn’t necessarily mean permanent,” Cieslak said.

What the hell?

And average age and obesity.

Consistent logic, if you are masking up for Covid, may as well mask forever, because it isn’t going away.