Military women, female veterans are shifting away from GOP

“Trump frequently embraces the U.S. military and veterans in speeches, referring to “my military,” though he has also insulted war heroes such as McCain and military families who criticize him.”

I kind of like how Trump refers to our military. It’s like he thinks he owns them or they’re a vendor or something.

I also think the military is filled with smart people and those smart people are ever so slowly understanding that Trump is a con man.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/ap-poll-veterans-support-for-trump-strong/2018/12/31/541565a0-0cbc-11e9-8f0c-6f878a26288a_story.html?noredirect=on

Overall, 56 percent of veterans — both current and former service members — said they approve of the job Trump is doing as president, while 43 percent disapproved. Voters who have not served in the military were more likely to disapprove (58 percent) than approve (42 percent) of the president’s job performance.

The survey found that differences in support for Trump between veterans and nonveterans extended across racial and ethnic groups, including among whites (62 percent of veterans approve versus 49 percent of nonveterans), Latinos (53 percent vs. 28 percent) and African-Americans (22 percent vs. 10 percent).

Females represent 16% of the military population.

Women are generally smarter than men.

When I was in I was so pro bush it blinded me to all the crap Cheney was doing

1 Like

False

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201010/girls-are-more-intelligent-boys-men-are-more-intelligent%3Famp

3-5 IQ points on average.

1 Like

I wonder if Bush felt like he owned you the same way Trump thinks he owns our soldiers. I get the feeling Trump thinks of our military the same way he does a plumbing contractor. Or an employee with a NDA.

1 Like

Is a soldier better than a plumber?

And yet 58% think he is doing a good job. I wonder what the rating is for plumbers.

2 Likes

There are certainly millions of women who are smarter than millions of men.

Well let’s be honest they are brain washed tools if they think Trump is doing a great job

3 Likes

They are equal citizens of the United States.

Allan

1 Like

Because they disagree with you.

2 Likes

No because they think their commander in chief cares about them…

2 Likes

It makes one wonder, after Mueller and the State Attorney Generals all expose Trump’s corruption and law breaking, how long the diehards will stick with him. My guess is that 30% will stick with him even after he’s proven to be a law breaker. The same way family and friends stick with law breakers in Chicago.

2 Likes

It’s crazy how the called Obama a messiah while they kiss Trump’s butt no matter what he tweets

2 Likes

Hell Nixon still had supporters after the release of the watergate tapes.

The die hard will go down with the good ship Trump.

Allam

1 Like

Trump does care about soldiers in one way. If they kiss his butt and help Trump (the politician) accomplish something that will financially benefit Trump (the person) then he loves them.

If they turn on him he’ll trash them faster than he trashed a POW.

I honestly don’t think military members realize how fast he would turn on them. Hell, would it surprise anyone if he ordered them to some foreign land if they stopped supporting him? He’s a child.

There are certainly millions and millions and millions of women smarter than Trump.

3 Likes

Think about how many people are more honest than Donald Trump and his family. It’s pretty much everybody.

1 Like

Not as fast as a liberal would turn on a person of color.

My wife is one of the smartest. Best choice I ever made.

But I can prove I’m smarter than her…

… … … … … I married her…

… … … … … … … … … … She married me.
.>>>>

2 Likes