- Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.
- No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.
- No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.
- Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.
- There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.
- Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.
- There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.
- Followers feel they can never be “good enough”.
- The group/leader is always right.
- The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing “truth” or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.
OP: “trump supporters are cult following”
me: how so?
you: “trump supporters”
Key word being ‘misplaced.’ Donald Trump is worthy of all the praise and admiration he gets because he is close to the second coming of jesus christ.
how is it “misplaced or excessive?”
just because a poll shows 51% approval despite 92% negative media coverage?
“Close to the second coming…”.
That you are unwilling to directly equate Donald Trump with Jesus Christ exposes you for the apostate you are.
As I showed with the definition I posted, it doesn’t need to be “misplaced or excessive” to be a cult. Just “a great devotion.”
none of the criteria in that joke of a site are met in significant numbers.
i am greatly devoted to my children and family
am i a cult for them?
You sure? Has fat donald ever been wrong in your eyes?
Yes, quite literally. By definition.
nope. not once he’s golden.
why donyou think he glows on tv with that golden hue?
(when you quote this post leave this part out so no one knows this is sarcasm. you ll look so smart)
i guess that’s why people are so often referred to as being in a cult following to their family
When I go to the white supremacy sites and read what they say about Trump it is definitely cult like. There is no way those guys are leaving Donald Trump.
I’ve already posted the definition for you twice but you don’t seem willing to accept it. It’s right there for you in plain English.
are these the people responsible for “downstream wins” as stated in OP?
Awesome…you are following along
yes and in that context it is absurd to refer to as a “cult”
cult of personality
Definition of cult of personality
: a situation in which a public figure (such as a political leader) is deliberately presented to the people of a country as a great person who should be admired and loved
It’s absurd to refer to a word by its dictionary definition? That’s an unusual stance.
They often get twisted like a pretzel defending Trump, yet they still do it. Almost cult-like…