Michael Cohen Flips

Pointing out neither one of us know what is on the tape or if it is incriminating is not a defense of Trump, it’s an observation of reality.

The difference is only one of you is ignoring what the people who do know what is on the tape are saying about it

1 Like

True. But that is not what you have been doing. You have been positioning all along on this issue that there is no there, there, and using the Edwards case as the proof of your defense. Which has been weird, considering neither of us know definitively, yet you seem insistent that charges cannot be brought, save the lone exception they can prove payment originated directly from campaign coffers. Which even that is not legally true.

Just to say - when your lawyer is secretly recording you- thinking he may need the tape down the road for leverage in case things get hot…

And we are talking about the president of the U.S.

…looks really really bad.

1 Like

I’m a skeptic. I want him gone. How many times have you been convinced they finally had him and he’s still here?

Trump would have been impeached long ago if the House were controlled by Dems (and then not convicted by the Senate.)

To “have him” is purely a political and not a criminal process.

You keep saying that but the context of every single one of your posts says otherwise

2 Likes

Better watch out, you’ll be accused of being a Trump supporter for saying that kind of thing.

Because the left keeps running here with stuff that isn’t going to get the job done and then get upset when I point out it won’t.

What will be interesting is watching the Senate in the next few months. If Trump pisses off enough of them by inviting Putin over, thumbing his nose at the Senate with secret agreements with the Russians- enough of them might actually turn sides to convict him on impeachment if the Dems take the House and Mueller’s report is finalized.

The dude better rein it in if he wants to save his skin.

The only way he leaves office before 20/20 is if his republican support dips below 50% and even then it isn’t likely until it’s below 30%. If you think cheating on Melania or paying a mistress to shut up is going to do that, you haven’t been paying attention.

Meh- There is literally nothing that would make the House GOP turn on Trump enough for impeachment- because…politics.

Then don’t get mad at me for pointing that out when the latest we got him now thread gets rolling.

Absolutely- trying to say that tif only this case rises to a more damaging level and the House will take action is ludicrous. They won’t take action no matter what- because they are spineless. At least the Senate is showing a tiny bit of shine.

There’s no one saying “we got him now” except silly conservatives. We are saying that this is simply another example of egregious behavior- that when taken as a whole- would rise to the level of ordering impeachment hearings if the House is taken back by the Dems.

1 Like

As if democrats would buck their voters to impeach a President that still enjoyed broad democratic support.

We got rid of Al Franken for a minor offense compared to the literally hundreds of Trump scandals. I think you are mistaken.

Zero times. Not only have I not seen evidence that has convinced me that anyone finally has him, I further have stated here plenty of times that I think he will be re-elected.

Oh please, a Senator is not a President. And his numbers with democrats were in the toilet with only 34 percent saying he should remain in office, 22 percent overall. If Trump starts pulling those numbers he is in trouble too.

Can you imagine where we’d be if Obama did what Trump has done and there was a republican congress?

1 Like