Mia Love slams Trump, Conservatives

The only black woman republican congresswoman barely lost her election in Utah. She had some choice words for Trump and conservatives.

Republican Utah Rep. Mia Love slammed President Trump during her concession speech Monday, saying he has “no real relationships, just convenient transactions.”

She also chastised Washington lawmakers – especially Republicans – for not taking minorities into their “homes and hearts.”

“I’ve seen the cost to conservatives for not truly taking people into their hearts. Democrats saw newly elected black members and women to Congress in this election. This is a matter of fact that Republicans lost in this regard,” Love said.

Awe, shucks. A day late and a dollar short.

1 Like

I honestly wonder why some republicans think courting a shrinking demographic, to the exclusion of others, is a sound long-term strategy.

They shouldn’t court anyone that’s a democrat game identity politics. The GOP ideally should be about smaller government the immigrants coming in from failed governments don’t vote for small government.

Oh, give it a rest with the small government ■■■■■■■■■ The people who brainwashed wingnuts into believing that the phrase actually means something have been very successful.

5 Likes

The GOP controlled government has doubled the deficit in a year.

Might want to back a different party.

3 Likes

During the past two years, the Republican Party has demonstrated it has absolutely no interest in smaller government.

2 Likes

Then again, the republican party has pretty much demonstrated it has no interest in a lot of the principles it use to supposedly stand for.

Hope they enjoy their new status as the party of Trump.

1 Like

I said the “GOP Should Be” not the GOP is.

But they aren’t.

They haven’t been that in… well… ever.

The gop has never in my short life time been about smaller government…period. they have been about their brand of government and that’s mostly sticking it to libs.

Which party would that be? Other than an occasional deficit ebb and flow, which party has proven to be a master of debt and deficit? If your answer is that they both suck, then go to the head of the class. Neither is serious at all. They both do nothing but point fingers when out of power and run up the debt when they are in power. True dat.

Probably not in Utah.

1 Like

The only thing that I find more pathetic than a Trumper is a Republican that cries about Donald Trump once they no longer have skin in the game.

Either speak up when it counts or shut up.

4 Likes

So many GOPers grow a backbone…when they leave office.