Melania Trump To Solo Vacation On Taxpayers Dime!

Mrs. Trump believes that children should be both seen and heard, and it is our responsibility as adults to educate and reinforce to them that when they are using their voices—whether verbally or online—they must choose their words wisely and speak with respect and compassion.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/bebest/

Fat Donald the Hypocrite In Chief!

As First Lady, I want to nurture the most valuable part of our society and our future: children.

As adults, we take responsibility for helping children manage the many issues they face. So what is the best way to protect our kids online?

Talk with them. Communicate your values clearly so your kids can make thoughtful decisions when they face tricky situations.

If you have a young person in your life — whether you are a parent or guardian, teacher, police officer, coach, religious or scout leader, relative or friend — I ask you to join me and commit to promoting values such as encouragement, compassion, and respect, both online and offline.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Talking-with-kids-about-being-online-_2018.pdf

So sad that Fat Donald is turning his back, with his nasty behavior, on what First Lady Melania Trump is trying to do.

Well for the record, her list didn’t include Presidents.

:laughing:

I said he doesn’t have her back regarding the cause she is pushing, with is bullying. Trump is the biggest bully in America-he’s literally the epitome of what she is trying to stop. How much more clear could I have been on that?

You argument appears to be that people were upset with Obama’s trips because they weren’t rich enough, but Melania’s trips are ok, because she is rich?

That’s a good color on her.

1 Like

I’ve seen that argument made before on the old board.

Furthermore, she isn’t rich. Donald is.

Glass houses, my friend. Glass houses.

Geez dude, give it a rest. All First Ladies cost us taxpayer money.

1 Like

But that was when LouC was the big conservative we were all told about. Now, as a liberal (with exactly the same views) that’s all different.

That appears to you to be the argument he is making? Really?

Yep. Maybe you can translate it for me, and tell me what he really meant.

Ok. I see that in it. But there is also in it that there is a difference between shopping sprees with friends in Europe and some of those countries in Africa…unless she is going on Safari.

Sure.

Some people thought Michelle was abusing the taxpayer dime to enjoy the thrill of finally being able to travel around the world like the rich folk do. They saw this evidenced through Michelle’s lavish European shopping sprees. Here’s a recap. Michelle Obama travel expense update: Your tax dollars at work

To add to this, president Obama went on a rant, dressing down corporate executives, for daring to fly to Vegas on the taxpayer dime, while allowing his wife to do exactly that, meanwhile US unemployment was hitting 10%.

Melania on the other hand has always been able to travel around to anywhere in the world she wanted to. So her trip to Africa, is not seen as her taking advantage of the taxpayers hard earned money, so she can finally fly around like a rich person. Oh, and while she plans a trip to Africa, we do not have unemployment at anywhere near 10%.

1 Like

In other words, it’s not the trip itself that you guys were upset about, but Michelle’s uppityness for acting like a rich person.

1 Like

Add to that, if Melania really wanted to enjoy a leisure holiday in Africa, she would have visited it before. This is going to be her first time to Africa, so people don’t think a trip to Africa was on her bucket list.

More like enjoying a thrilling shopping spree in Europe, was an unsympathetic extravagance, to do so while Americans were still recovering from the 2008 financial disaster, and suffering under 10% unemployment. It was a selfish, impulsive act, that illustrated a total lack of empathy.

I really don’t care. Do you?

I’m sure you think you could, but Obama vacations was not one of my complaints about him. Quite frankly, I think the country would have done a lot better over those eight years had he been on vacation the entire time.

1 Like