Melania to Top National Security Deputy, "You're Fired!"

Who exactly is pulling the strings in the White House? Well, in the case of the recent firing of top deputy to National Security Adviser John Bolton … it’s Melania Trump.

The president became involved in that decision at the urging of Mrs. Trump, whose staff battled with Ms. Ricardel during the first lady’s trip to Africa last month over seating on the plane and requests to use National Security Council resources, according to people familiar with the matter.

The first lady’s team told the president that they suspect Ms. Ricardel is behind some negative stories about Mrs. Trump and her staff.

The first lady’s office issued a statement on Tuesday calling for Ms. Ricardel to be dismissed. “It is the position of the Office of the First Lady that she no longer deserves the honor of serving in this White House,” said Stephanie Grisham, a spokeswoman for Mrs. Trump.

Strong words coming out of the office of the first lady. Looks like Ms. Ricardel rubbed more than a few people the wrong way. But I guess the old adage holds true, happy wife, happy life.

I am sure its not the first time a First Lady has had someone fired and it wont be the last.

This is a really a non issue for me. LOL i know i am sounding like many of our resident Trump supporters.

I tend to agree. Not a huge story here. Other than it was a pretty high ranking deputy to Bolton. She must have really pissed some people off.

Good to see Melania flexing her strength.

Just another example of the well oiled machine working to perfection.

Looky, looky…an article about the 1st Lady. Now let’s guess whether it’s a positive or negative one?

1 Like

From what I’ve been reading, it seems that Ricardel made a whole slew of enemies in the admin. Just a matter of time it seems.

How would you like a story about the First Lady appearing to make personnel decisions in regards to our national security to be spun in a positive way?

Seems positive to me. Or just neutral.

She’s been there for 2 years…have you seen a positive article on anything regarding her yet?

Well. It’s an article about possible administrative moves the White House is making. It includes information about the first lady. The article isn’t specifically about her, but includes a news item that includes her.

It’s pretty neutral overall.

My only point was that there are many things positive about her but…nothing from the media. That’s all.

In any other admin this would be news… but in this admin? Nah… the isn’t even blip on the radar

She’s an illegal immigrant and I want her and her chain migrating parents deported immediately. THAT would be a positive story about her.

2 Likes

I tend to give her some slack when it comes to these kinds of things. She didn’t really sign up for everything that comes with being the FLOTUS. She’s eased into her role, but mostly stayed out of the spotlight. Which is fine. But when you decide to take on “bullying” as your topic of interest. I mean … come on.

What are all these positive things about Melania that are not being reported?

You should get out more, I’ve read plenty of positive Melania articles, far more than she deserves.

1 Like

There are plenty of puff pieces out there if you are so inclined to look for them. Or you can dwell on the fact that most major news outlets won’t puff pieces on this FLOTUS.

It’s news, this is insane levels of whining.

1 Like

How many languages does she speak?

That could be but I’ve not seen them.