Meet Con Artist Andrew Yang

When you say industries does that include country clubs and/or golf courses?

Even better when you add the s: maths.

I think you’re wrong there, unfortunately.

Lots of white guilt being inculcated into college students who eventually will be voting for that crap…

I’m a bit skeptical that automation will create more jobs than were lost.

Yes I believe that the new jobs are more specialized and pay more, but I’d bet dollars to doughnuts that the number of humans needed in the workforce goes down, not up, after automation.

1 Like

Yang is in. Gabbard and Castro are next

Wheeling and dealing houses. I remember that one. He was making so much on real estate he wanted to share his techniques with others…for a few dollars.

:dollar:

Absolutely. Consider it a catch all.

My central office used to employee 1,000 techs now employees 25

Automation. Killed 975 central office jobs

Allan

It is not simply a matter of subtracting one from the other to see if there is a net loss or gain. There are different skill set required that one cohort may not have either the skills or ability to gain those skills.

During the 1950s, I remember people were ashamed to receive what was called “home relief”, and those who did receive it did everything to get off of it as soon as possible.

Today, some people actually plan their lives around getting as many government cheese hands outs as possible, and actually believe it is a “human right” to receive other people’s earned wages confiscated by taxation.

JWK

Without a Fifth Column Media and Yellow Journalism [our MSM], and activist judges and Justices, the crisis at our southern border would never have grown to what now amounts to an outright invasion and threatens the general welfare of the United States.

Trump University?

I don’t disagree.

But it’s fairly easy to say that yes, automation cuts the labor market.

It’s easy to say that because that is the whole point of automation. It saves money. And it saves that money in the labor expenses of the business.

What it means is that more money will be spent, but on fewer jobs overall, and overall saving that business money.

Just throwing numbers out there, it would be like a business paying 10 people $10/hr as laborers, vs paying 2 guys $25/hr to run the machines.

Let me start by saying i will not defend his $1000 a month proposal as it is super expensive and will lead to massive inflation that wont result in anything productive.
But lets at least be honest as we discuss it.
He did not say he was gonna pay for it by “Just taxing the rich corp”. He has given 3 ways to pay for it.
1- a VAT tax
2- Reduction in Social program spending (You dont get food stamps, welfare, and the $1000 a month payment. You get 1 or the other)
3- Economic growth - (anytime anyone says they are gonna pay for things with economic growth - they are lying. It NEVER happens, And yes -that includes tax cuts).

Even the ultra nuttiest of the dem presidential candidates aren’t pushing UBI it’s that far out of step.

That makes no sense.

ehh - How much automation has there been since 1981? Id say a LOT. But unemployment was 8.5 then and its under 4 now.
yes -Technology and automation kills job. But it grows companies. So a few things happen- 1 - entire companies pop up around the technology. For instance -Kiosks may one day greatly reduce cashiers as your fast food place. BUT there are multi million kiosks companies that employee a ton of people that only exist because of that technology.
Meanwhile -some fast food places spend less on cashiers and are able to open more places and /or move some of those Ex cashiers into other positions -Ideally better positions like unit managers and such.

There are no telegraph operators anymore. I dont think there are many fax repair men anymore. Blockbuster and Tower records once employed thousands of people, and now they don’t, and yet unemployment still dropped.

This is all true now. I agree.

But numerically it cannot remain true as more and more becomes automated.

It’s why I think a basic income will eventually be a thing, as much as I dislike the idea of it. As robotics become more and more advanced there won’t be any other option as the only other option is for the population to drastically decrease.

My apologies. I did phrase that part poorly.

What I meant was that there will be higher paid positions managing the automation, but much fewer of them.

1 Like

Andrew Yang on illegal entrants

Yang, who also supports a pathway to citizenship for illegal entrants, uses the bait and switch con artist’s game when it comes to dealing with illegal entrants who are here. He States:

"Outside of increasing our guest worker program and making sure that those who receive temporary permission to come to the US to work leave when their time is up, we also need to find ways to address this massive community of undocumented immigrants who entered the country illegally.

Rounding up and deporting that many people is a nonstarter—it would be prohibitively expensive, disruptive, and inhumane to many communities, so a pathway to citizenship must be provided (after securing our southern border, so that we don’t end up right back where we started)."

No one I know has suggested “rounding up and deporting” illegal entrants. What is proposed by concerned Americans are various measures which would encourage illegal entrants to self deport:

Step up the prosecution of business owners who hire illegal entrants and pay them off the books, and below the going wage, in order to increase profits.

Encourage employers to use e-verify when hiring

Deny illegal entrants any tax payer financed medical/dental care (excepting life death situations.

Deny the children of illegal entrants access to a State’s public school system and all public assistance programs, i.e., deny them any privileges created by a state for its citizens;

Forbid state issued drivers licenses or other forms of identification to illegal entrants;

Direct the appropriate federal government agencies to identify aliens who have overstayed their visa and prioritized their expulsion from our country whenever their name comes up when applying for a driver’s license, stopped for a traffic infraction or other crime, etc.;

Enforce public housing laws which make it a crime for illegal entrants to live in any public housing unit or section eight housing, and evict American citizens from their public housing for harboring an illegal entrant.

Cut off all federal funds to sanctuary cities, especially New York and California.

And making it a point of law to never allow a person who has entered our country illegally, or is here illegally and caught, to re-enter our country legally in the future __ giving existing illegal entrants a two month period to leave our country on their own before implementing this rule.

Instead of proposing remedies to rid our country of illegal entrants, especially the poverty stricken, poorly educated, low skilled and disease carrying illegal entrants, Andrew Yang has confirmed he welcomes them with a path to citizenship.

JWK

There is no surer way to weaken, subdue, demoralize and then conquer a prosperous and freedom loving people than by allowing and encouraging the poverty stricken, poorly educated, low-skilled, criminal and diseased populations of other countries to invade that country, and make the country’s existing citizens tax-slaves to support the economic needs of such invaders.

The point I am making, and it applies also to the transitioning from coal to renewables, that people are impacted by those changes and support is required to help re-train people, where possible, for those new jobs.