Medicare for all would save 68k lives and 450B a year

this is according to a study in one of teh top medical journals lancet.

it analyzed sanders medicare for all plan

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/02/20/lancet-medicare-for-all-study/?utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

from the article summary

Taking into account both the costs of coverage expansion and the savings that would be achieved through the Medicare for All Act, we calculate that a single-payer, universal health-care system is likely to lead to a 13% savings in national health-care expenditure, equivalent to more than US$450 billion annually (based on the value of the US$ in 2017).

This shift to single-payer health care would provide the greatest relief to lower-income households. Furthermore, we estimate that ensuring health-care access for all Americans would save more than 68 000 lives and 1·73 million life-years every year compared with the status quo.

this is opposed to the trump healthcare plan which is ??? since they haven’t actually shown anything other than saying trust me…

1 Like

Trust anything Washington compost tells you?

Don’t be so obtuse, libs trust anything that they agree with. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I ain’t believin’ nothing some no good commie lib rag says about health care or anything else!

And keep your lib hands offa my Double Gulp!

The actual report is on lancet the medical journal. Wapo is just reporting that fact.
But that distinction won’t matter to the blind trump cultists

2 Likes

Then maybe you should have linked to journal instead.

The rest of us are able to discern simple facts like where the sources of articles are from :man_shrugging:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::clap:

We know that “journal”.

The Lancet is a weekly peer-reviewed general medical journal. It is among the world’s oldest, most prestigious, and best known general medical journals. Wikipedia

Yes we do, they never advocate how to cut costs…and that Obamacare will save money.

The lancet is a very left leaning British Publication. Always has been at least in the post WWII era.

The figures i have seen estimate more like 50 trillion dollars extra over 10 years rather than a savings.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::clap:

Remember the OIF casualty count?

Not really, I know it kept changing if my memory serves me correct.

Millions!

Could be worse…could be atte.oting to use rt links to justify things.

Well no, even that would be a step up for you.

I wouldnt even waste the band space on that trash site.
It’s like using infowars but for people who dont like america