Media Turmoil Equals Trump Win

I agree that it is time to move forward.

We all look forward to the day when you can do that.

Yes, he is decidedly unpopular, for many reasons, and has remained consistently unpopular, for many more reasons, since the ending of the afterglow of his massive, largest-ever inauguration.

Perhaps the 2016 polls were a fluke or perhaps the Trump support is muted thanks to the antics of the opponents.

Getting in Sarah Sanders face at a restaurant is not an impressive way to debate.

1 Like

By the way, I love it when the occasional Rasmussen presidential approval poll sprinkles false hope in flyover country. They’re parched out there.

I look forward to Kav getting seated on the SCOTUS.

:balance_scale:

So do I.

But probably not for the same reasons.

If you go back and look you will find that the majority of the polls were correct and Clinton won the popular vote very close to the margin that the polls showed. There are no polls for the EC. I find it funny that so many Trump supporters on these boards seem to forget that Clinton won the vote.

THAT is exactly how discussion becomes polarized.

Is it too painful to admit others have a different POV or is it a weak ego that causes a lashing out response?

It isn’t necessary and gains nothing. Take a look at my posts, it is something I don’t do until the discussion is utterly lost.

:balance_scale:

OK. If that is how you deal with trauma, then keep that POV at the ready.

Politics does not traumatize me.

Nate Silver, who aggregates the polls, pinned Trump’s chances at 28.6% on the eve of the election.

Does a baseball player who bats .286 ever get a hit?

Maybe you don’t watch baseball, but the answer is yes. Of all qualifying at bats, he gets hits in 28.6% of them.

When he gets a hit, it isn’t a fluke. People aren’t falling over themselves declaring that baseball is broken, fixed, or a fluke. It is expected to happen–28.6% of the time.

28.6% is not even uncommon. The weekend is 28.6% of the week. When Saturday rolls around, do you look around in amazement and declare, “The weekend is here. But how?”

It’s stupefying how many grownups lack even the foggiest understanding of statistics.

2 Likes

Nor any of us here…

The Clinton campaign might have had a little trauma going by their polls.

1 Like

Respect is earned. Flyover country has a lot of work to do if they want any of it. Till then, the generic ballot, Trump’s disapproval, and a host of other negative news will continue to encourage Trump supporters to fall back to election night. Ah, the Glory Day.

You didn’t think we would expect this sort of routine once he won? There isn’t a soul on any political forum who doubted for a second that the #1 topic of conversation of Trump supporters for the next four years would be his win on election night.

But yes, I suppose someone else has to get over it or something.

That’s interesting because the deficit was going down all throughout Obama’s two terms following the crash, and now is headed in the opposite direction under Trump.

Oh that’s right…you believe tax cuts pay for themselves.

Bwahahaha!

When I see these types of posts I am tempted to review all the video mash-ups of the media MOCKING the chance of Trump winning.

The tears of their disgrace taste ripe.

What about the disgrace of all those anywhere, including right-wing media and current Trump supporters, who mocked his chance of winning?

The Trump win in 2016 will be studies for generations.

Probably even more closely examined than his 2020 victory.

1 Like

That’s just conservative code for, “All of my beliefs are nothing but rhetoric. I’m greedy and I want more money, because taxation is slavery, or something.”

The middle class had adopted the attitude of a collective malaise.

Go ahead. You seem to want everybody except yourself to get over Trump winning.

Meanwhile, let’s keep you comfortable and talk about Trump winning the election for the next 100 posts.

You start. Share all of your feelings, videos, and pictures, but pace yourself. You don’t want to get winded. It’s a long way to 2020.