Media bias, two governors, same policies, completely different treatment

Trump is a cad who talks too much. He’s also the best President we’ve had since Reagan.

3 Likes

Now this is Noble prize-worthy.

1 Like

Ahahahahaha

1 Like

LOL. You can’t be serious… :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

If its a Republican and you don’t spit on them, then you are blindly worshipping them.

2 Likes

i prefer a pullitsher

absolutely serious

Touche, sir, touche.

What are the COVID situations in each state? I know CO was hit pretty hard early on. Are they on the back of the curve? How is GA doing?

That could be a difference.

CO looks like it’s spiking. How long ago did they open?

personally, i do not know how anyone claiming to be a conservative could reach any other conclusion, especially pre covid. i’m a convert, i was a never trumper.

presidents in my lifetime

nixon: authoritarian liberal to moderate scum
ford: nothing, just nothing
carter: the worst president in my lifetime, complete failure (best ex president ever)
reagan: changed the world, changed the country
bush the elder: a good president who mostly continued reagans policies
clinton: a baffoon who was lucky to have newt around. because of that i’d say “decent”
“W”: was good until nancy and harry got the reins, after that a disaster
Obamassiah: nixonian in authoritarianism. more effective carter than carter.
Trump: has been effective despite more push back than any of the other presidents has seen. ne may succeed and change the world. he’s certainly working on it.

1 Like

Are you suggesting that Donald Trump always answers the questions he is asked in the prose. Half the time he yells at the reporter for asking an inappropriate question. But when Trump decided to attack the Governor of Georgia, suddenly the media are in control? Doesn’t seem credible.

Trump was doing what all good politicians do: he was pushing responsibility for a potential failure onto a fall guy – and Kemp seems to have volunteered for the fall guy position. It demeans to Trump to look at an effective piece of polticidal maneuvering and attribute it to the media.

Trump is a master at this sort of deflection, you’re just tearing him down.

Technically today, but a couple of counties were allowed to open last week… mine included. Havent noticed much difference honestly. From what Im hearing, don’t expect to either.

I think the big difference between these two governors has nothing to do with politics or how the media is picking sides. For one, Polis is taking heat, and basically for the same reason as Kemp. We haven’t seen a two-week decline in cases; in fact, our biggest day of cases confirmed was just a week ago. I think the big difference concerns the reach of the lifted order; from my understanding, Kemp’s order superseded local govt. ordinances, whereas Polis’ has not. If local govt. want to stay shut down, they’re being respected… in GA, doesn’t seem so.

2 Likes

This is precisely the difference.

I think this is part of it too. We were hit early on with all the skiers coming in internationally, timed with some big events that happen around that time. But we also buckled down fairly early… Polis was a little late making the order, but local govt. were acting pretty responsibly. All in all, I think we’ve done pretty well out here considering how it was looking early on.

Well, Reagan sucked, so there is that.

On this we agree. With the minor detail that Reagan started the whole neo-liberal economic policies, that a few other countries adopted, that has destroyed the middle class, created the largest wealth gap since the 1920’s, and married religion (Christian) with the Republican party.

All of that, sucks.

2 Likes

The only thing that’s hurt the MC is killing off our own industrial sector one industry at a time.

We replaced 40-80.00/hr skilled labor jobs for minimum wage labor jobs a well trained monkey can do.

That’s how you cut your own throat.

if by “destroyed the middle class” you mean elevated them to the upper middle class or better. yeah, you got a point

1 Like

The problem is they want to build the middle class from the top down, we want to build it from the bottom up.

3 Likes