Media bias? Naaa The arrest of Devon Archer

I know it’s hard but try sticking to the subject of the thread. Start your own thread if you want but stop trying to derail this one.

The object of this thread is what that hunter ran a shady business with a shady person who was arrested.

do you want me to list all of Trump shady business partners.

1 Like

Is this thread not about the Ukrainians getting arrested at the airport after meeting with Giuliani? Who else got arrested recently connected to the Trump family that made the news? Did I miss something? I’m honestly asking.

Didn’t Archer have his conviction overturned?

What is the title of this thread?

Don’t know or care and it’s irrelevant. What is the title/subject of this thread?

Start your own thread, stop trying to derail this one.

Where’s the media bias if not comparing to other reporting? Who are you referencing about anyone remotely connected to the Trump family getting arrested?

1 Like

You aren’t comparing you’re trying to make it about something else as a deflection.

If you were making an honest comparison that would be fine but we both know that isn’t the case.

The former Giulani clients of course were reported on breathlessly in all of the major media as soon as the story broke and particularly mentioned was their connection to Giuliani and Trump.

None of that of course in the Devon Archer case.

In this quote from the original post, what arrests are you referencing? If it’s referencing Giuliani’s associates then its not derailing to talk about it. If it’s not then, who are the other people affiliated with Trump family getting arrested? Side question, why did you link Archer’s indictment but not his conviction being overturned?

1 Like

Let me guess you somehow missed all of the indictments that came down from the Mueller investigation and investigations in NY that resulted in Trump associates being arrested?

Really?

Somehow I doubt it.

When I google “Mueller Indictments” get 268 million results in 4.7 seconds.

And what I’m trying to say is that the American associates of former politicians who are not running for office getting indicted will not get the same coverage as the PRESIDENT’S personal lawyer having his foreign associates arrested at the airport hours after a meeting.

2 Likes

6.73 million resutles in 2.4 Seconds when I google “Trump Associates Indicted or Convicted”.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/11/26/the-list-of-trump-associates-indicted-convicted-or-pleading-guilty-could-be-about-to-grow-longer/

What is the title/subject of this thread again?

Joe Biden was the sitting VP and John Kerry the Sitting Sec State at the time of Archer’s arrest.

Fair enough. I take back the “former” part. But do you see the difference? Especially considering Archer did have his bond fraud conviction thrown out? Which once again, you oddly leave out.

You have no point other than deflecting. His conviction was not overturned before he was arrested and indicted.

Your entire thread is deflection. It’s a thread of(paraphrasing) “Yeah Giuliani is the president’s lawyer and the guys he worked with were foreign nationals who were arrested trying to leave the country at the airport hours after meeting with him, but it’s not fair there wasnt more coverage of this more complicated potential bond fraud this one guy who worked with the son of a guy who wasnt even running for president was charged with that ended up getting thrown out”. That’s the gist.

3 Likes

Another great example. We’ve heard almost nothing about the firm started by James and Hunter Biden was founded as a way to buy influence with Uncle Joe by foriegn donors who could not donate to his campaigns officially.

Late Summer 2006: Hunter Biden and his uncle, James Biden, purchase the hedge fund Paradigm Global Advisors. According to an unnamed executive quoted in Politico in August, James Biden declared to employees on his first day, “Don’t worry about investors. We’ve got people all around the world who want to invest in Joe Biden.” At this time, Joe Biden is months away from becoming chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and launching his second bid for president. The unnamed executive who spoke to Politico charged that the purchase of the fund was designed to work around campaign-finance laws: According to the executive, James Biden made it clear

Where’s the 24/7 outrage for weeks and months and demands for a special prosecutor to look into it during the 8 years Biden was VP?

There is no deflection on my part. Stick to the subject of the thread or post elsewhere.

Unfortunately you can say anything you want no matter how untrue but if we label it appropriately it is the person who labels it for what it is that is sanctioned.