Meanwhile we now have the feds

Ordering Juul E-cigarette products off the shelves.

The ironic of it all…can forum libs tell us why?

3 Likes

I assume you have Google.

The agency said it reviewed the company’s premarket tobacco product applications and determined tJuul Labs’ study findings had “insufficient and conflicting data – including regarding genotoxicity and potentially harmful chemicals leaching from the company’s proprietary e-liquid pods – that have not been adequately addressed.”

“The FDA is tasked with ensuring that tobacco products sold in this country meet the standard set by the law, but the responsibility to demonstrate that a product meets those standards ultimately falls on the shoulders of the company,” said Michele Mital, acting director of the FDA’s Center for Tobacco Products, in the news release. “As with all manufacturers, JUUL had the opportunity to provide evidence demonstrating that the marketing of their products meets these standards. However, the company did not provide that evidence and instead left us with significant questions. Without the data needed to determine relevant health risks, the FDA is issuing these marketing denial orders.”

The FDA action focuses on importation, distribution and sales, not individual use, and it “cannot and will not enforce against individual consumer possession or use of JUUL products or any other tobacco products.”

1 Like

You want kids to start smoking cigs again. This is how you do it.

3 Likes

This applies only to Juul as far as I can see.

They couldn’t prove that their product was safe even after given plenty of time to do so.

2 Likes

Oh I am sure the chinese knock offs are much healthier.

7 Likes

Perhaps someone at Juul didn’t submit their 10% to The Big Guy on time.

8 Likes

It’s about access though. Kids go for the easiest access. Like how weed was always easier to get than liquor growing up

So, they are grooming the kids to be smokers. Interesting observation.

Who do you think owns a majority stake in Juul Inc?

2 Likes

Juul doesn’t have the market dominance they did 2-3 years ago. There are at least 3 or 4 national competitors.

1 Like

So is it online distribution mostly now? What are the kids smoking these days lol

I think you missed my point.

No, they’re available at most stores that sell cigarettes, at least around here - all disposable pods. There’s Vuse, Alto, NJoy, blu, and a bunch more.

1 Like

Yeah i used blu to get off cigarettes.

Was this some kind of “grooming” joke?

Juul, for me. But I’ve since switched to a refillable vape thing.

1 Like

There are dozens, maybe hundreds of disposable vapes still on the shelves

1 Like

Makes sense then. I am out of the market for a bit.

Made by the giant tobacco companies for the most part. And now you know why Juul s gone.

1 Like

Why do you think Juul’s applications were denied?