Meanwhile Gov. Kay Ivey of Alabama signed

Can a doctor loose his license and even go to jail if he can’t justify giving out a lot of drugs that affect the mental state?

As a child, there’s a lot of confusion. So much is happening in their life and it’s constantly evolving. According to this study, for the majority of children, it will all sort itself out in the long run so don’t make any decisions in the short run, that are permanent.

The report warns parents and officials not to impose life-changing surgery or aggressive hormone treatments on kids, saying “there is no evidence that all children who express gender-atypical thoughts or behavior should be encouraged to become transgender.”

1 Like

When the “medical decision” is harmful to the child, the state needs to step in and prevent it. Would you allow say breast augmentation at five years old? Obviously not, so even you have a line that shouldn’t be crossed, at least I hope so.

2 Likes

Is that a thing that is happening or is it made up?

Beside the point. It’s a hypothetical that should demonstrate a line exists where the state should prohibit such actions or similar ones. But if we want to talk about make believe, we are back to wondering what else thinking you are a boy or a girl means, you are, independent of biology is if not make believe.

It is a thing that is made up to make a silly point.

Gender dysphoria is not independent of biology.

Gender is a social construct, of course it’s made up.

Gender Identity is not.

Yes it is, it has no objective reality.

3 Likes

If that is the case… then what are all of these laws about?

Keeping people from confusing children.

3 Likes

That makes no sense if indeed gender is constructed and not part of objective reality.

Methinks that maybe the argument is not being made in earnest.

I like her!

I’m sick and tired of emphasis on a group that makes up a tiny minority of the population.

Wanna “transition”? Do it in adulthood.

3 Likes

Trans kids already have a scary rate of suicide.

A good portion of them won’t make it to adulthood.

Perhaps it’s time, then, to emphasize psychological therapy for gender dysphoria. Teach them in therapy there is no single types of boy or girl instead of making changes to the body that are strictly cosmetic and don’t alter genetic input.

I used to see this all the time in my first health care job at an ophthalmology clinic that offered Radial Keratotomy (RK) the predecessor of LASIK. I understand wanting a permanent correction when one is too nearsighted to even find their glasses or a contact lens case.

Problem was nearsightedness is genetic and these patients were, most times, constantly returning for surgical enhancements on the original procedure. It isn’t the easy “Call this number to get rid of those glasses” the ads make it seem.

Hormone blockers and surgery aren’t going to make a boy a girl ir girl a boy. Psychotherapy is by far the more humane option for such children.

JMO

How so?

If I didn’t have a daughter in high school I’d seriously look to transfer to Bama.

I’m sick and tired of liberal emphasis on those who don’t make up a majority of the population, and I’m not talking about racial minorities. The contempt for them just has a prettier package in Libbieland.

They’ll stick their noses up in the air at Hank at the Klan meeting, but will ask a black female patient with digestive problems and dehydration “What drugs are you on?” like they won’t a white female patient with the same issues (me), and credit handouts as responsible for the same group moving upwards.

Really? If it weren’t for affirmative action, now known as diversity initiatives, they’d get nowhere? They’re not doing it through their own abilities or efforts?

No, I’m talking about everything from acknowledging the numerous genders that seem to have popped up overnight and the locking down of an entire economy when the vast majority sickened with COVID-19 recovered at home.

Bama, in the foreseeable future, may get me as a transplant.

I understand that it is your opinion.

Is that opinion informed by what the people who actually study and work with trans issues say or is it based on personal wish fulfillment of how one would like to see the world?

Conversion therapy?

1 Like

As someone who sees much of what is offered by western medicine to offer no therapeutic benefit, the opinion is strictly my own view.

Here, however, is the process of “transitioning”:

Wouldn’t psychotherapy be far more humane for the small percentage of children suffering from gender dysphoria?