McCONNELL: Trump’s Presidency Has Been ‘My Best Years in the Senate’

I looked it up, the term comes from a humorist in the 30s. It stuck because it’s so apt.

“Returning” wealth to the wealthy in the hopes it’ll reach the less wealthy is precisely trickle down economics. Or perhaps you don’t really care if it reaches the less wealthy. I guess you didn’t say that specifically.

So if the wealthy aren’t going to pay as much taxes, who is going to pay for all your government’s spending?

humorists dont know much about economics you shouldnt rely on them for what you know about the topic

nor should you critics of supply side economics from the 80s

while you fret over how the government will pay its bills, i, as a lowly thinking man, and non leftist, am more concerned with how hard working families will pay THEIR bills

Hard working families saw very little benefit. The benefit skewed heavily to the (mostly) hard working families who don’t have any problems paying their bills. If that was your concern, this tax bill was an mistake.

A thinking man knows that mortgaging the future is unsustainable.

If you find a problem with the term trickle down economics, then you have to make your case. So far you haven’t done anything other than use ad hominem attack’s.

the economy is raging. i wont embarrass you with all the good economic news as of late that refutes your class envy angle, but it is wuite obvious that everyone across the board is doing well

I agree, the economy is doing well and people are benefiting. Seems like an especially weird time to worry about working class people unable to make ends meet given all the great economic progress. Seems like an especially weird time to drive up massive amounts of debt when the economy is going so well and all so that working class families can increase their take home pay by about 1% due to the tax cut.

It’s never a bad time to worry about people’s prosperity. That comes first. Just because the government can’t get their spending under control doesn’t mean people who work their asses off have to suffer.

Your concern for precious mother government is touching.

Why not? They voted for them.

My concern is for me. The guy who is going to have to pay for your “concern”. Aren’t you concerned about the prosperity of the people who come after you?

of course

is their economic future in jeopardy because:

1. present earners didn’t hand over enough of their money to the government?

or

1. the government refuses to control their spending?
  1. Politicians who create large amounts of debt are lauded instead of held accountable by certain people.

debt created how?

Immaterial.

So, McConnell - who is pretty much the epitome of the establishment - loves life under Trump.

I was anti - establishment in 2016, and I’m proud to still be anti - establishment in 2018.

It is kind of funny to see some of the ones who were anti - establishment in 2016 now thrilled to be working with the establishment.

afraid to answer.

becaue you know it falls into category 1

who is thrilled to work with the establishment?

it has to be done.

You think future generations are going to care whether the debt came from spending or inadequate taxes? It’s immaterial because debt is debt. There is no difference between 1 and 2. You can kvetch all you want. Debt is debt.

No, that is not what you told us.

You told us you were voting for trump to tear it all down, burn it to the ground. You told us that you didn’t like trump or what he stood for and that you KNEW HE WASN"T A CONSERVATIVE, but you were voting for him because you wanted someone to destroy the system.

Is that why I started a thread that you libs are about o witness the largest economic expansion in their lifetime?

Did I not talk about realignment?

Did I not warn people about corruption within our goverment? And that corruption is far more dangers then anything some terrorist can do to this country?

I knew Trump was going to expose it all…and thus my nefarious reasons why I supported him.

And that’s a fact so you can lie all you want.

I’m sorry Mr. Hannity, but McConnell is one of the biggest ■■■■■■■■ in Congress EVER!!

This GOP doesn’t give a ■■■■■■■ about Dr. Ford’s accusations. This entire GOP ■■■■■■■■■■■ began with Newt Gingrich during the Clinton administration. The religious right, who are NOT EVEN close to the teachings of Jesus Christ, claim the high and mighty to push their antiquated agenda. Every single one of those so-called “evangelicals” will pay the price in the afterlife.

putting money back into the hands of earners is not “immaterial”

Liberals hate their wealth.