McConnell - no stimulus

LOL- even though Trump desperately wants it, so he can have some sort of positive message.

Do you know what this means? McConnell has jettisoned Trump, and is trying to pull the R’s in the Senate out of the Trump morass.

FAIL.

2 Likes

Pelosi is the one stopping the stimulus. Give me all the pork i demand or else!

Piglosi is indeed a good name for her.

3 Likes

It’s a subtle piece of politics. And not overly risky for ol’ Mitch.

better nothing than what pelosi demands

2 Likes

Never understood the fixation with name calling, and I’m not a Democratic Party voter. Attack the ideas, rather than make our political process even more juvenile than it already is - never make it easy for people to dismiss you at the start.

16 Likes

Stopping at nothing and staying there is what got y’all where you at.

3 Likes

This doesn’t fit with the 2020 GOP party platform. “RESOLVED, That the 2020 Republican National Convention will adjourn without adopting a new platform.” President Trump says he wants stimulus. I agree with him.

1 Like

Trump said he wants to spend MORE than Nacny.

Trump said clearly he wants to spread more than the Ds.

1 Like

22,000,000 illegal aliens being put on Medicaid on the backs of taxpayers isn’t a stimulus it’s lunacy.

4 Likes

I understand y’all don’t have anything besides the latest talking points on this subject but this one’s out of date. Trump wants a big stimulus and Senate Republicans led by McConnell are telling him to take a hike. They won’t even do Mnuchin’s earlier, much smaller offers. Pelosi’s not blocking anything here. The Rs know Trump is a guaranteed loser and they’re getting into sabotage-the-economy mode for a Biden presidency.

5 Likes

did you read the headline? It’s McConnell.

Im just sayin’- Trump wants this bad- Mitch says ‘no’

Does the Republican party have the flexibility to help hurting Americans at all? Or is it just there to do kabuki about pork that nobody cares about?

1 Like

Possible, but I’d argue that Biden doesn’t need Republican help to crater the economy. His energy and taxation policies will dismantle any recovery hopes with ease.

TRUMP WANTS THIS. He has nothing else. Mitch says NYET.

1 Like

You can argue whatever you want but massive investment in renewable energy will create a ton of jobs and the periods of strongest economic growth since WW2 corresponded with much higher tax rates.

3 Likes

I highly doubt the person wanting the wall would sign something that gave free healthcare to those here illegally, but I would imagine he would want to send out another stimulus check or at least he has said that without all the other gotchas included. I think even the turtle McConnell wants that. There is a whole lot of things in the democratic bill that no republicans would ever put their name on.

It was never meant to pass only to hurt the president, sad thing is their are millions of Americans hurting as this goes on.

2 Likes

Is it cheaper than the emergency room which is how they get care now?

Cheaper for who?