McCONNELL: Democrats’ Impeachment Push ‘Diverted Government’ from Growing Coronavirus Threat

Originally published at: McCONNELL: Democrats’ Impeachment Push ‘Diverted Government’ from Growing Coronavirus Threat | Sean Hannity

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell weighed-in Wednesday on the global Coronavirus pandemic; saying Congressional Democrats’ non-stop impeachment obsession “distracted” the government from the growing threat.

“It came up while we were tied down in the impeachment trial. And I think it diverted the attention of the government because everything every day was all about impeachment,” said the Senator.

“I have to tell you that in mid-January and late-January, unfortunately, Washington, especially the Congress, was consumed with another matter — you may recall the partisan impeachment of the president,” added Sen. Tom Cotton.

McConnell says Dem impeachment push distracted government from coronavirus threat https://t.co/fBSGcFFUg4 pic.twitter.com/kggAk6S5n6

— The Hill (@thehill) April 1, 2020

Congressman Jerrold Nadler slammed President Trump’s travel restrictions on China just weeks ago; calling his move to slow the spread of the disease “irrational” just days before the crisis spread across the country.

“Do you think that it is appropriate for the CoVID-19 response?” one member asked of the lawmaker.

“No, I don’t. Because it’s irrational and it doesn’t help public health,” said Nadler.

“This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysterical xenophobia,” added former Vice President Joe Biden.

“There’s a lot of restaurants that are feeling the pain of racism, where people aren’t patroning (sic) Chinese restaurants,” said Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.