McCarthy planned to tell Trump to resign

Exactly. Actors and their roles.

To paraphrase a line from my people- why is this time different from any other time?

Deflecting to other people lying doesn’t change the fact McCarthy lied.

Ahhhhhhhhh…so this is the sheople meal of the day that they’re feeding and sheople are regurgibleating? Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Carry on. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/audio-mccarthy-said-he-would-urge-trump-to-resign/ar-AAWtluD?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=0717a9a45cf846f9a6dd413af78f9a3c

It’s not.

The only thing that bugs me is we are now in a time when because of cults of personality, politicians now lie over stupid things.

At least in the past when they lied, their lies “made sense”.

But McCarthy has to pay fealty to Trump, so now he has to tell a lie…even though he likely knows he’ll get caught in order to a) show he’s loyal to the man and b) make it not look so bad that a week later he threw Liz Cheney under the bus because she dared to be disloyal.

Dumb.

Name the politician who hasn’t, I’ll wait.

You really need to keep up with the thread.

:rofl::rofl:

Someone already posted a long list of virtuous politicians who never lie?

My take…Democrats get to salivate over Jan 6 for a couple of days…yay. Meanwhile when most Americans fill up their cars today fuel will cost almost if not way more than $4 a gallon. What do you all think will matter more to most of us.

I ve made my position January 6 pretty clear. It was an awful day where a protest went bad…people who breached the capital if they committed crimes should have already been tried…apparently there are still American citizens being held in violation of their Constitutional rights almost a year and a half later.

It was a riot, not an insurrection…our Republic was never in danger. Those people weren’t going to overturn our Democracy, like my dog chasing a car they wouldn’t have known what to do with it if they caught it, and they were never going to catch it. I know that simple truth causes leftists heads to explode but that is the truth.

I listened to the McCarthy tape. In the context in which it is being presented it sounds bad. If it keeps him from being speaker ok…Republicans still need to retake the House and Senate and do whatever they can to undo the massive damage Democrats have done to America.

In the context in which it is being presented it sounds to me like a planning session. All options on the table…after the piece of tape we heard what was said? Did someone say “hey Kevin let’s talk to the Democrats see where they senate is…let’s give it a day or two…?” Dont know do we? Y’all don’t know anything more right now than you did 24 hours ago. In the overall scheme of things I honestly don’t care what was being discussed in a planning session a year and a half ago, (and you guys are really gonna hate this part), I find it impossible to take seriously the moral outrage from people who continue to push the insurrection lie, pushed the Hunter’s laptop lie, pushed the Russia collusion lie, and that list goes on and on.

If McCarthy’s not MR. Speaker…ok. Who cares. Doesn’t change the fact that Democrats control of our government needs to end because in April of 2022 under Democrat majorities our nation is in the worst shape it’s been in in a long time.

4 Likes

How is it debunked?

Good morning folks. Try not to blow an orange gasket with the sewing circle gossip. :rofl:

5 Likes

You do know! He put out a statement saying he never said those things and then we hear a tape where he did!!!

Yeppers. I wish I could be that concise!

1 Like

K…let’s say that’s true. Now with the threat of nuclear war from Russia, the billions we’re now spending on Ukraine…that “we” don’t have, run away inflation and the absolute disaster at our southern border…who gives a rat’s ass?

5 Likes

Like this?

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/washington/melanie-arter/biden-i-never-said-i-oppose-fracking-show-tape-biden-tape-we-would

1 Like

No the issue of all politicians lying has been addressed.

Read.

Oh been addressed has it? Lots of hand waving involved no doubt.

The riot was the sideshow.

The concern should be about a President using the power of his office in an attempt to overturn the results of an election that he lost and the sycophantic idiots who willingly go along with it.

3 Likes

That’s (D)ifferent.

I get it…these people hated Trump…

I despise Joe Biden. They’ve got TDS…I’ve got BDS…ok…

They think they’ve got something here. Somebody released a couple If minutes if tape from a planning phone call…

Are there any planning calls about how to maximize the political impacts of 1-6-20 that Dems want to release…maybe about how to make sure that we are all on the same page re: Hunter’s laptop…I’m sure all kinds of people said all kinds of things…

Sorry y’all if you wanna think this is a thing then I can’t stop you but…but on 4-22-22 we’ve all got way bigger problems.

2 Likes

Oh come on…

Did you listen to the tape? not only did he say he would tell trump to resign, he alluded to an earlier conversation in which he asked about the 25th amendment. He also talks about making sure pence doesn’t pardon him.

And then he kicks Cheney out of leadership for publicly saying what he said privately.

1 Like