MAY DAY: British Prime Minister Vows to ‘Press Ahead’ with ‘Soft’ Brexit Deal

Originally published at: https://www.hannity.com/media-room/may-day-british-prime-minister-vows-to-press-ahead-with-soft-brexit-deal/

British Prime Minister Theresa May vowed to proceed with her “soft Brexit plan” in the coming days; saying she intends to “move forward” with high-level negotiations with the European Union even if it ends her role as party leader.

May penned an op-ed in the Sun this week addressed to the “People of Britain,” writing “The hardest part of Brexit is to come but the finish line is in sight — and the deal will be right for you, your family and our country.”

“Because the Brexit talks are not about me or my personal fortunes. They’re about the national interest – and that means making the right choices, not the easy ones,” she adds. “But with five months to go until we leave the EU, we have already reached agreement on the vast majority of our exit deal.”

The most pivotal issue facing UK-EU negotiation is the so-called “backstop,” with May flat-out refusing to erect a physical barrier between Northern Ireland (part of the United Kingdom) and the Republic of Ireland (part of the European Union.)

“I’ve been very clear that this must be achieved without creating any kind of border between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK – doing so would undermine our precious Union and put at risk the hard-won peace,” writes May.

Read her full statement at the Sun.