Matt Gaetz under federal investigation for relationship with underaged girl

Without checking, I’m going to guess that the allegations against Gaetz are a deep state conspiracy to take down a proud freedom fighter.

Maybe you should do better checking? I think the evidence is starting to look really bad for Matt. Just as you believe the evidence is looking really bad for Hunter.

Fair enough?

1 Like

The false equivalence is staggering.

2 Likes

Despite this uncertainty, QAnon followers have already reached a verdict: innocent. That’s a curious and revealing thing. The Gaetz story, in broad strokes, seems like it would be huge news for the QAnon crowd, touted everywhere as “proof” that elite pedophiles have become so brazen even the deep state had to bestir itself to intervene. Its genesis under the Trump administration should make that explanation an easy fit. That’s exactly how the Jeffrey Epstein story is used.

But Gaetz is a Trump ally, and QAnon is nothing if not tribal. The group’s grand narrative — namely, that our government is run by a secret cabal of Satan-worshipping, cannibalistic pedophiles being exposed by a pseudonymous intelligence official called “Q” — holds Trump as a messianic figure, and in-group loyalty is incredibly strong. Thus did QAnon community discussions in the Telegram app immediately jump to Gaetz’s defense, dubbing the Times report yet another “SMEARING of MAGA Patriots.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theweek.com/articles-amp/974951/matt-gaetz-allegations-show-how-qanon-corrupts-followers

Why do you care? They have zero authority and always will. Your wokies are much more dangerous than a few dark web Q people. Your wokies are setting policy and destroying real people. Innocent people.

3 Likes

“You’re a pedophile for asking me if I’m a pedophile”

They vote, they have influence. There are Q pushers in government.

I have no wokies. Stop thinking politics has only two sides.

1 Like

Lol you repeat their conspiracy theories.

Also nothing says liberal like worshipping Trump as a superhero and being Christian Dominionists beleiving their fighting Satanists.

1 Like

Really? Who are a few of the Q pushers you are speaking of?

I think we’re leaving the smear territory.

And entering pimping teenage girls territory.

Really? Has anybody gotten away with that? Got any names?

Another Trump buddy in hot water. Shame he can’t pardon him.

Gaetz’s buddy Joe Greenberg. He’s the one that got popped by the feds and gave up Gaetz in the first place.

This some real Panhandle ■■■■■ that is, Tammany Hall level corrupt.

Lol you repeat their conspiracy theories.

1 Like

When will Trump issue a statement supporting him?

That’s too bad. America should do better. No one should need to have their fellow employees pay for their cancer care.

What a shame.

1 Like

Right? The only thing worse than having an supporter go bad would be for your own son to be a low life. Now that would be a tough one.

Inside the life of Hunter Biden, Joe Biden’s scandal-plagued son (nypost.com)

Deflecting to Hunter, hu?

Must be really hard to see another Trump sycophant go down.

1 Like