Matt Gaetz under federal investigation for relationship with underaged girl

I don’t think much of leaked stories about people being under investigation anymore, they do seem like smears.

It was odd hearing he was considering abandoning politics this early in his career. He seems the career politician type. Might be nothing or just coincidence but an allegation like this, if true or unable to be completely discounted, could be a compelling reason to do so.

Gaetz has admitted that the investigation exists and says he’s being extorted.

Not just extorted but that the accusations are not true if I’m reading correctly.

If he didn’t already have a kid that’s not his in his household for no reason he can seem to adequately explain maybe I’d be more skeptical.

Ah, another fine example of the fine morally upstanding party that the GOP has become of late.

1 Like

No one obsesses vice like the vicious.

1 Like

Watch how quickly the Trump team turns against him.

If true, it could be a compelling reason to quit.
If false, it could be a compelling reason to quit.

1 Like

If proven true, I hope so.

When Tucker Carlson is like “Yo, that was strange”, you know you’re screwed.

morals? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yeah…right

1 Like

Glass houses and all that.

That said: if it’s true I hope he gets what’s coming to him. If it’s false I hope the false accusers get what’s coming to them as well.

4 Likes

There are still good people in the GOP. But it seems that their voice has been muted by the Trump crowd.
I know quite a few Republicans who are ready to work towards reconstituting the party into it’s former self.
They are hoping that the powers that be will not hold back on taking him to court and showing his base that he really is a con man and cheat.

Tucker gonna get a call from the FBI after tonight.

Pizza Gaetz

6 Likes

Yes, that is true. I certainly hope the decent people in the GOP can eventually prevail. It was the Trump crowd that made me throw up my hands in disgust and get out of the GOP. Hopefully, cooler and wiser heads will eventually prevail and restore the GOP to it’s former self - though I am, obviously, skeptical right now.

I bet Tucker wasn’t expecting the interview to go down that road.

This is wild, I never would have expected it to be a young woman. I always thought the “tz” was silent.

5 Likes

The ‘D’ in XXXXXX bag is edited?

This is totally on brand for Gaetz. Dude was too self righteous by half.