Matt Gaetz tossed out of testimony

No.

Starr was given the green light to investigate Bill lying about WH nooky.

And that was done months before the impeachment inquiry was voted upon. The investigating had already been done for them.

Err no, I provided you what the court approved of him investigating and they were crimes, not getting laid.

Oh, sorry, that is probably the anchovy paste I had spread on my cinnamon roll!

There is something about Florida that brings out the weirdly dumb in many people.

Remember on the old Forum all the outside the beltway articles on folks going postal over their drive up food orders being messed up or their counter food orders being wrong or when the restaurant ran out of the item the customer ordered?

It was like we could tell without looking when something insane like that was being reported on that it was a story out of Florida.

There is something about that state? Perhaps it is the proximity to the Bermuda Triangle?

1 Like

Probable cause. You keep saying probable cause. Who is pushing this narrative? Are they trying to arrest or indict the President?

The constitution requires the senate to consider the evidence presented and make a verdict. They are free to ignore the evidence if they choose.

There are no votes. Its inquiries. Testimony. Committees asking questions. Some of the testimony may have sensitive information related to foreign policy that ONLY members of these committees can hear. Having some rogue clown like Gaetz hearing this sensitive information is not good.
And if and when all of the testimonies and inquiries have been addressed, THEN the US House may draw up articles of impeachment.
Public scrutiny? The US House will present its case for articles, and then the public can weigh in on if the charges are valid.
If Trump is impeached, he is not removed from office. There is another layer involved. I don’t understand this notion if Trump is impeached, he is removed. Clinton was impeached. He wasn’t removed from office. None of the votes in the 1996 general election were invalid.

Wait, you mean you haven’t witnessed IPPP before? You know Instant Press Podium Phenomena?

2 Likes

What you provided was an EXPANSION of an existing investigation. What was the initial investigation? This is why congress let the independent council statute expire and replaced it with a special counsel with much more limited powers.

1 Like

True. A Republican worm, behaving unconstitutionally, violating his oath to uphold the Constitution. Which is really ironically funny since Obese Donald erroneously keeps going on and on about the House behaving outside the Constitution.

:laughing:

Amazing how folks on the side that claims the House leadership is acting in an unconstitutional manner seemingly have no clue how the House leadership is absolutely following the Constitution in this impeachment inquiry process.

Too funny! :laughing:

2 Likes

Not always, just in this case, with the chosen one! When a Democrat is next in power and a whistleblower spills the beans on them, then no, then the whistleblower should be heard, absolutely, cause then it will be different.

WUDS

How the Senate acts will depend on the evidence presented and political calculus — essentially the same basis being used by Pelosi, Schiff and the House Democrats.

He clearly did this on purpose to go on conservative media and cry about his persecution. If there’s anything conservatives love more than talking about how tough they are, it’s talking about how victimized and powerless they are.

12 Likes

There were months and months of investigations that took place by Starr before the House voted to open an impeachment inquiry. All the investigating had been done for them. Basically all they needed to was verify Starr’s evidence then vote to impeach.

Was Gaetz on that committee? Yes or no?

Oh? Was it done for Republicans? The same way the Meuller investigation was done for Democrats?

“I applaud this stunt”…says it all, doesn’t it?

Weird deflection. Did my point fly that far over your head?

The impeachment inquiry is the People’s business. Gaetz attempted to disrupt the People’s business. He was wrong.

1 Like