Mass shooting in Mexico

Were the children in the drug trade?

I wouldā€™ve much rather deployed to Mexico than Asia.

Long past time we declare the Cartels and gangs Terrorist Organizations and go after them with the same fervor weā€™ve gone after AQ and ISIS.

the food is sure a hell of a lot better.

1 Like

Highly doubtful Mormans are muling drugs unless they are being forced to do so.

All markets are supply and demand. The supply creates the demand.

Itā€™s not like you can produce tons of coke and heroin without thousands of acres of fields in the open. Napalm and herbicides can cut that supply to a trickle.

The DEA and CIA have been mapping the cartelā€™s operating bases, processing,a and production facilities for decades and they can all be targeted just like any other terrorist group.

If weā€™d ever have treated the drug war as an actual war weā€™d have won it decades ago.

Fiction.

Absolutely not! We donā€™t to destroy due process any further in this country.

Fighting them as an LE/CJ issue certainly hasnā€™t accomplished anything.

The cartels of course are not operating in the US so thatā€™s not even an issue with ā€œoverseas contingency operationsā€.

Gangs in this country have been terrorizing the inner cities for decades, itā€™d long past time for a newer, better, more aggressive plan of action.

I donā€™t understand what this is supposed to mean. How can they be viewed as anything other than a criminal justice issue. The activities they partake in are considered so heinous that the acts are considered crimes, as in ā€œcriminal justiceā€.

I never brought up ā€œoverseas contingency operationsā€. What is that supposed to mean?

Youā€™re equivocating on the meaning of the term ā€œterrorismā€, which is commonly defined as violence and attacks to further some ideological goal. The cartels are in it for the money instead of lofty political reforms.

Conservative plans of action on crime are like cutting off a scraped area of skin with a knife.

They are terrorist organizations, treat them as such.

No you didnā€™t bring up OCOā€™s I did in distinguishing between the cartels and US based gangs.

Iā€™ve equivocated on nothing. They use the same tactics as terrorists and produce the same results. In come cities they have almost complete control of large portions of the city.

Ponder this. If we had a thousand cells of AQ or ISIS terrorizing cites in the US do you think weā€™d be more aggressive in going after them than we have the gangs the last forty years?

Completely question begging.

They are not terrorist organizations according to the common definition.

Yes, but only because we go comparatively batty when Muslims are involved.

What was the political change sought by the would be terrorist arrested in CO today?