Mark Zuckerberg tries to prepare Americans for the presidential election taking weeks to decide

It is not unprecedented for an election result not to be known on the night of an election.

This isn’t a fully Putinist country yet, Hawk. There are still elected election officials who will do their damnedest to count all votes, even in this most horrible annus horribilis.

Also, scotch is vile.

Being vile, it is nonetheless preferable to Zuckerberg.

It is depressing that this thread allows for vile scotch drinkers and Zuckerberg to be right.

5 Likes

If your vote wasn’t counted on the day of election because you decided to vote by mail and not in person…then it shouldn’t count. When I wake up the day after the election, I want to know who won. If that doesn’t happen, then I suspect foul play is at work and that won’t go down well across the conservative part of our country.

Does this apply to everyone or just people who’s vote you don’t agree with?

I mean… should military votes not count?

1 Like

The military is prepared and the votes are sent in ahead of time. It isn’t done haphazzardly. If you plan to vote by mail, do it way ahead of time like the military…so that it counts.

What about the States who allow for votes to be postmarked on election day?

Why the need to disenfranchise those people?

4 Likes

Get off of your ass and vote and do it in a timely manner. If you’re too lazy or unorganized for that, then your vote may not count if it isn’t able to be tallied on time?

Here is a list of what each State does in the count of mail in ballots.

Some of them by law do not start to count until after the polls close on election day.

So since these ballots will take longer to count than one’s that are processed by a machine it will take longer and thus the results will likely not be known in some States for a few days.

These votes are legal. It is telling that people are wanting to disenfranchise people because of the “feeling” that there is going to be cheating.

It is teeing up not accepting the results months in advance.

We know from DHS reports that attacking the trust of our election process is one of their active disinfo ops. When there is zero evidence of massive voter fraud… why believe them?

Then each state that has this premise, better have their counting act together and be prepared to present the final tally sometime during the night of the election or the wee hours of the morning following it. When the United States wakes up the next day, the election results are done and the President is determined.

We won’t know the final tallies for maybe 2 weeks after November 3rd.

Define “massive voter fraud”.

Given the election is ultimately decided by the Electoral College, the official results won’t be until months after the election. Here’s the timeline of the 2016 election.

https://www.archives.gov/files/electoral-college/key-dates.pdf

So…people can eagerly await for FOX/CNN/MSNBC, etc to declare a “winner” on election night but the official winner won’t be named for months. Same as it ever was.

So, I think the safest response is to vote in person and work hard to eliminate very mail in ballot that is not absolutely verifiable as legitimate.

Enough to affect a national election.

How do you quantify that? How many votes would that take?

When has same night results ever been a requirement before?

Why is it a requirement now?

Isn’t it better to take the time to count every legal vote than to satisfy the lack of impulse control that this country has developed?

4 Likes

A very large amount across several States.

How many is “a very large amount”?

When have we ever woken up the next day and not known who was elected President? This subject matter is fire…and if it doesn’t go down in that timely manner, I expect to see serious civil unrest.

It would have to be tens of thousands. Each in several key states.

And this is in an environment where voter fraud is already near nil.